Camp Hermit-Blood (Part 2)

Depuis le début

Mr. D huffed.

Grover waited.

"What are you waiting for?" Mr. D snapped. "Get in there. I want these half-bloods out of my sight."

Grover nodded, bowed, muttered, "Yes, sir," and led the confused Hermits inside.

"Why are you bowing to that grumpy fat guy?" Zedaph asked, wide-eyed. "I don't bow to grumpy fat guys."

Grover paled. "Do not call him a grumpy fat guy."

The Hermits decided not to ask any more questions.

"Have a seat," Grover said. "Chiron'll be here in a minute."

The seven Hermits sat down and waited. There was an awkward silence that most of the Hermits tried to penetrate one by one, but failed.

Suddenly, the squeaking of a wheelchair came from the other room. A man rolled in, wearing a light grey T-shirt with a black hoofprint on it. A blue plaid blanket covered his legs, but his brown shoes poked put from under them.

He smiled warmly. "Hello. Is suppose this is all very confusing to you."

"Who was the grumpy fat guy at the door?" Ren asked, ignoring Grover's frightened glance.

"I heard that!" Mr. D said from outside. "And so help me, I will turn you into a dolphin-"

"Are you Chiron?" Gem asked.

The man in the wheelchair nodded. "I am. And the one outside is Mr. D, our camp director. You'll learn to... tolerate him."

"I won't!" Mr. D complained. "I've been trying to learn to tolerate whiny little godlings for the past millennia!"

"If you want to be in this conversation, come inside and be in it," Chiron said calmly.

Mr. D did not respond.

"Okay then," Chiron said.

"Grumpy fat guy," Bdubs spat, as if it was the worst insult he could come up with.

"Shh, no," Grover whimpered.

The Hermits turned nervously back to Chiron. There was a long silence, even from the most friendly and talkative Hermits.

"Hi," Scar said finally.

"Hi," Tango said to him.

"I wasn't talking to you."

Tango snickered.

"I assume Grover told you that you are all demigods?" Chiron said.

The Hermits nodded.

"So you know that one of each of your parents was a Greek god."

There was a more diverse reply. Some Hermits nodded again. Some Hermits didn't show at all. And some Hermits (namely Ren) crossed their arms stubbornly.

"This was a lot easier when Annabeth was helping out," Chiron muttered. "Okay. Grover, could you get the documentary ready? Also, you can take off your shoes."

"I'd just thought I'd keep them on... you know, I'd wait until, like, after they know we exist..."

"That's fine," Chiron said.

Grover trotted into the other room. He walked with a bit of a limp, like he had gotten an injury that would never completely heal.

The bolder Hermits made small talk with Chiron for the next few minutes while Grover did... whatever he was doing. Then the nervous boy came back out.

The Hermits followed him into a room with a large TV. Grover looked around. "Okay, who wants the remote?"

Most of the Hermits started arguing over who got control over the pause button. Grian and Ren seemed to be wrestling each other. Scar, who sat next to Grian, joined in just for fun. Tango and Bdubs cheered ok the match. Zedaph and Gem just stared.

"I'll give you reputation if I get the remote!" Scar yelled. "Also your armpit smells bad!"

"Hey!" Ren said. Zedaph carefully pulled him away from the fight.

"Just give him the remote," Gem sighed. "Please?"

Grover tossed Scar the remote. He held it up triumphantly and pressed the play button.

It was long after the documentary was over that the Hermits started to question how he had convinced them.

~~~

Okay, so this is REALLY short compared to most chapters of things that I make. Heck, Ren's Backstory (go check it out if you like star wars and haven't yet) was like, 7000 words? 8000? Idk. But the reason is that I won't be able to make this short enough to be a oneshot. It'll probably have to be continued as a whole other book, so that's what I'm doing. I won't stop writing Broken Hearts, but it will be something that I do when I don't want to rewrite itfrom my Google Doc or write the Shifters. So ya.

Don't expect tons of future updates for this oneshot book. I have ideas but no motivation to write those ideas.

I can take suggestions here if you want to suggest something, but pls no ships. I don't like writing those, but that's pretty much my only boundary. Make it as angsty or - fluffy? Is that how you say it? - as you want. 😊

(But I might not do it so don't be too disappointed)

-Indigo

Edit: Camp Hermit-Blood is now a full book! If you liked these two oneshots, go check it out because I am currently working on Camp Hermit-Blood: the Titan's Curse!