2. CEO's friend

The office was quiet, no one dare to talk around. Jungkook lean a bit in his chair but his fingers continue typing, and his eyes stayed on the screen.

Just then a quiet, quick sound echoes through the quiet room, indicating that it's time for a break.

Most of the people in the office raise from their chairs and walk out. Now, the room has a few sounds of whispers.

Jungkook didn't mind anyone walking or talking with him, asking if he want to have a break with them. Jungkook denied them politely with a smile.

He has something to hand to the CEO and he isn't sure if he can get it done in time. He was sure that he will have to take Hyunmin a bit late.

He sigh. Jungkook was thankful that the handsome teacher– Taehyung– was willing to wait and accompany his daughter. Or else he didn't know if Hyunmin can wait for herself.

Jungkook really wants someone who can help him. But for now, he's all by himself.

"Mr. Jeon?" Jungkook was startled by the voice in the quiet room. He turns around and found his boss before him.

"Yes. Mr. Park?" Jungkook asked.

They're friends. Since...he starts working here? He doesn't exactly remember. But they call each other by name when the work time is over.

At work, they need to keep everything professional. "You didn't have a break?" Mr. Park or Park Jimin asked.

"I don't think so. I have something to get done" Jungkook nodded at his computer, where the work he was working on was displayed on the screen.

Jimin looks at the work and raises an eyebrow. "I thought I already told you that this work is due tomorrow?" He looks over to the other.

Jungkook cough. "If I didn't get it done now, I don't think I have time to work on this other time"

Jimin frown. "Why?"

"B–" Jungkook was cut off by the ringing of his phone. Jungkook looks at the caller and frowns. That is Taehyung's number.

How did he get his number? Taehyung gives it to him in case something happens to Hyunmin.

Jungkook takes the call and put it over his ear and gives Jimin an apologetic smile. "Hello?"

"Mr. Jeon. I just want to inform you that we think that Hyunmin may be sick. You should take her home. But if you can't we will take care of her in the meantime"

Jungkook's eyes widen at the information. "I will take her," he said and they talk for a minute. Then Jungkook get up but realized something.

He looks at Jimin, almost embarrassed. "Umm. Mr. Park. Can I borrow your car?"

Jimin's eyes widen. Well, this is his opportunity. "Sure but I will come with you," Jungkook think for a bit and nodded.

Jimin hummed and lead Jungkook to his car. Now, what happens to Jungkook's car?

When he was driving to his workplace after sending Hyunmin to school, his car suddenly did not work. He call someone, they took his car and still fixed it. He didn't know when it will be done.

Jimin seat in the driver's seat while Jungkook sits in the passenger seat. "Where do you want to go?"

Jungkook gives him the kindergarten's address. Jimin, surprisingly, recognized the address. "Oh? You want to meet someone in the kindergarten?" 

"No, my daughter's teacher says that she is sick. I want to take her...." Jungkook trails off and looks at Jimin who starts driving.

"Can I only work a half-day today? I promise I will get the work done by the time"