"I swear to god if you try to fucking go near him" harry starts to threaten , warningly stepping closer for confirmation.

"harry!" Louis nudges Harry's chin to get his attention, which immediately works as Harry snaps his head towards him, eyes softening with fond.

"What?" Harry asks. Louis sighs "let her explain first, please" Harry sighs and eyes the two of them warily before crossing his arms over his chest and raises his brow. "start explaining"

Kendall explains her heart out, she even cries a couple of times which resulted in louis comforting her seeming as Harry didn't have a single drop of guilt running through his veins.

by the time she's done, Harry seems more calm, more understanding, but still angry. "okay" is all he says as a response. "Harry" Louis whines and nudges his softly with his pointer finger. Harry sighs.

"I forgive you"

Kendall breaks out into a smile and stands up , mumbling a few 'thank you's before walking out of the room, happy and guilt free.

Harry takes his time to process the situation, glancing at the closed door that Kendall walked out of. "are you alright?" he adverts his gaze to louis who's looking at him with soft eyes. he loses himself in Louis' eyes, admiring the ocean color. it's like a maze, trapping Harry in every way possible, but he doesn't feel trapped, because louis' eyes are a maze that leads him home.

Louis takes a step closer and brushes Harry's hair out of his eyes, the gesture causing Harry to soften up a hit. he raised his hand to louis', which are still resting on his cheekbone and caresses it softly. "are you alright?" he repeats.

"I'm fine" Harry replies shortly. "are you alright?" he echos. Louis leans in and places a kiss on the corner of Harry's mouth. "i feel great."

Harry breaks out into a smile. he is certain Louis isn't human, but an angel , because with each caress and kiss, with each imprint of fingertips he leaves on Harry, his veins bloom with happiness and butterflies erupt in his stomach.

"thank you"

"for what?" Louis asks.

"for everything"

***

evenings have been alot more pleasant. Kendall, true to her word, smiles at Louis politely each time they pass each other. she even sometimes stops for a chat if there's enough time.

that was until today, when Des calls Harry to his office, voice dull and dark. Harry was certain it would be revolving around Louis, and he was correct.

"please take a seat." the deep drawl of his voice is enough to send shivers down Harry's spine. he winces, but takes the seat nevertheless.

Des doesn't spare Harry the barest glance, he doesn't remove his eyes from his hands that are rested on the wooden desk. Harry narrows his eyes, and only then, he notices a shiny band of diamonds molded in the form of a ring.

"father?" Harry asks emptily, wanting to just get done with the whole situation. but Des doesn't answer, instead, he toys with the ring in his hands. it's too pretty, shining in everyway possible to prove it's uniqueness.

Harry waits , and waits, and once he's done waiting, he runs a hand through his hair, settling on the idea of leaving the room.

but he doesn't leave.

not when his father completely breaks down in front of him.

Des cries, his sobs echoing through the room. Harry doesn't move, he can't, he just sits and stares. every sob says an apology that he can not speak.

"this was given to me back in the day."  he admits when he calms down a bit. Harry nods, clearly confused by the whole situation.

"who gave it to you?" Harry presses, trying to get the explanation he deserves.

Des doesn't speak for a long time, taking his time in assessing the ring in his hand. but when he does, Harry's heart jumps in his throat.

"by my boyfriend"

three words were the cause of Harry emitting a gasp, the words strangled in his throat. his eyes widen as he stares at Des, filtering if he's joking or not.

"you had a boyfriend?"

des nods, shame piercing through him. "I had a boyfriend when I was about your age" he takes his time with remembering, a small smile living in his lips.

this can not get anymore shocking.

"what was his name?"

Des grimaces, and removes his gaze away from Harry. "louis"

it did get more shocking.

Harry jumps out of his chair, eyes as wide as the moon. he paces the rooms, hands running through his hair. he finally stops in front of his father's desk and point at him "start explaining"

"we both started dating when we were fifteen, we loved each other, so much. it was all going so well until we turned eighteen. my father fell ill and died when I was eighteen. and I had to become the king."

the story is running through Harry's nervous brain. he sits on the chair again, eyes never leaving his father's face.

"I became the king when I was eighteen. i was horrible at it. my mother would daily make sure i felt horrible, she would daily tell me that I'm horrible and that I would never be good at anything. she judged me for being queer. she'd tell me I'll never be loved, and that I'd go to hell for being queer." he goes on. Harry's mind crumbles.

"I was forced to break up with him, and I never told him a reason"

Harry stands up again, this time, tears rimming his eyes. "all this time, I thought you hated me" Harry whispers, hands flying to his mouth.

"harry" des almost pleads. "I'm so sorry."

Harry stares at him, mind racing. "I'm sorry, I passed my fears on to you. I'm sorry for making you feel hated. I'm sorry I separated you and Louis" Des stands up and makes his way to Harry, placing his hand onto Harry's shoulder, hating the way how his son flinches under his touch.

"I want to make this a better life for you" he grabs Harry's hand and places the ring in his palms, looking in his eyes.

"give this ring to louis, when you feel like you're ready"