Chapter 4

Third person pov

Edoardo and Gaviano both stared at Priscilla in awe at how much she's grown.

Their once cute little chubby princess that always waddle around the house and when you would ask her why her response way always 'I'm practicing to be a penguin for when I'm older' or how it was impossible for her to say more than 5 word before bursting out in laughter.

Now, that little 3 year old grown into a beautiful young woman without her father to see the process.

"Both of you go upstairs, I need to finish talking to our guests," Juliette said, snapping the two men out of their trances.

As if just realizing their were other people here, Arielle turned her attention to the men, studying them.

"Upstairs," Juliette said, giving them a little push forward.

Arielle grabbed her younger brother arm and dragged him with her past the two men and upstairs.

"Is that.. her" Gaviano hesitantly. A part of him wanted Juliette to say no.

Juliette nodded her head."Yes it"

"How is that even possible? She died!" Edoardo seethed out.

He was enraged and he had every right to be, the daughter that he thought was dead for these years, the daughter that he grieved and still is grieving for was here all this time with his ex wife.

But really deep down, he was overjoyed that she's still alive.

"The answer is vary simple. If you think about, she was never dead to begin with," Juliette said, casually leaning against a wall.

"But how did you know that you saw those pictures along with me?" Edoardo asked.

"You're right, I did see them, but I never believed them unlike you," Juliette said, glaring at him before continuing

"I never lost hope and after looking at the pictures again I noticed it wasn't my daughter that was laying dead on the ground, she looked similar but it wasn't her" Juliette said remembering how happy that the girl laying dead wasn't her daughter and the hope she felt.

Sure, she felt bad for the dead girl, but there was nothing she could do about it then.

"They why didn't you do something!" Gaviano asked, starting to get frustrated. All he wanted was to understand why didn't Juliette tell anyone. Why did Juliette only take Aurelio? Why did she leave everyone else, and most importantly, why did she leave him.

That's right, he's also a mama's boy.

"I did, but your idiot for a father and everyone else thought I was grieving and in denial! That's when I remember I'm one of the best assassins out there, I never need a man then, and I most certainly don't need one now. So I decided I'm going to save my daughter myself because her father, also known as the Italian mafia leader, was too blinded to even see it wasn't her in those damn pictures!" Juliette said, fuming, not once raising her voice or losing eye contact with Edoardo.

Edoardo stood there frozen. For the first time in years, his emotionless facade actually showed.. emotions, anger, sadness, grief, and humiliation, but the one that stood out the most was failure. He failed as a father to his daughter.

Juliette remember how she tried to tell everyone it's not her daughter in the picture but it only resulted in them telling her that's she's need therapy and how denial is one of the stages of grief.

Juliette couldn't walk around her own house without the workers in the mansion, giving her their condolence, like it would make her feel better. Or how they would whisper about how cruel she lost her only daughter when she would past by them like pretending she couldn't hear them.