Just as I thought I had broken free, he came back. He always did. I was forever marked as one of his pawns. I may not have been able to choose back then, but I could choose now; I wouldn't let her go through the same crippling fear, the same dark, deep depression, or the same soul-eating anxiety I had had to go through.

I took a sharp, deep inhale before bounding forward after Brian, crowbar that had been latched in its place on my belt loop drawn.

He was right, it did have to end now. All the corruption, all the pointless executions, but most of all, the plan of killing (Name). 

Would I really kill someone I had known my entire life? Brian was my best friend at one point, I had even called him a brother. But that was back when we were Tim and Brian.

But after everything we had went through, we had changed. He embraced his new self while I writhed in agony on the inside every time I was made to do the foul creature's bidding.

He had become Hoodie, not leaving a single of trace of Brian behind. And I had become Masky; but underneath it all, I was still Tim; I was still the college kid who was confused and damaged, yearning for the help and friendship I had needed.

I came up behind him, crowbar drawn, ready to come down on him as it had on thousands of others.

I wouldn't be the reason that (Name) died. I saw too much of myself in the kid; saw too much of the other helpless people I loved who had been dragged down with me in her. She didn't deserve any of it; neither did I, and neither did Jay, Alex, or Jessica.

I made my choice back then to become Masky, and I took full accountability for that. But no matter what mask I wore or what stupid nickname I went by, I was still always Tim.

--Jack POV--

Hearing her speak about her nightmares was just solidification of what I had already assumed; the Operator was involved. Why he had chosen to inject himself into it was another question entirely, but at least my suspicion had been confirmed.

She looked up at me with wide eyes, suspicion present in her eyes.

"Do you trust me?"

I asked it again, locking my gaze with her own.

After a moment of consideration, she hesitantly nodded.

"Yes,"

A chuckle escaped me at her unwillingness to verbally admit it to herself. She was smart to be weary. I hadn't given her much reason to trust me, yet there she sat, nodding.

"I need you to do something for me,"

I cast my gaze back toward the laptop, hoping she'd follow my lead. And, as if we were on the same page, she did. 

She sat on her thought for a moment, as if she was trying to form the words to speak the questions she was forming. But as soon as I had formulated the plan, I had accounted for all the possible things she could've asked as well.

"I'm going to fulfill my assignment,"

Fear erased any quizzical look she had left, her skin draining to a paler shade than usual.

"But with a twist, of course. I'm far too invested in you to end it now."

And just like that, her face flushed red. A small smirk crossed my face as I soaked in the fact that I now had this ability on her, though I always knew I could be quite charming when necessary. Though, it felt quite different doing it to (Name) in good fun rather than using it to try and lure prey in.

She allowed a single breath to escape her lips, her posture visibly becoming more relaxed.

"What do I have to do?"

Glass Eye (Eyeless Jack X Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें