Chapter Thirty-Two

* Sexual themes and suggestive material is described in this chapter, read at your own discretion*** also the song "Devil Eyes" was heavily used for inspiration while writing this chapter, give it a listen if you can! I'll add it to the link thingy, y'know where the video appears above the chapter or something? I'll try<3**

Shimmering, golden flecks of confetti rained down upon him, seemingly coming from everywhere, no direct source in sight.

He wasn't doing anything extraordinary, he was seated upon his couch with a rather unpleasant look caressing his human features. Something about the features being human was unsettling, and with the uneasy feeling came an even more overwhelming feeling of impending doom.

His face snapped to the direction to the small window behind him, a bright golden-orange blaze just visible from somewhere deep in the forest surrounding the college.

"Hey, dude, there's a fire,"

His voice rang out, echoing the cluttered room which very obviously had been inhabited by two men, as if it were a desolate hallway.

And suddenly, the golden flecks of confetti overtook my vision, encapsulating me.

And then it was me. Instead of Jack laying upon the slab staring up into the face of death, it was me.

"Jenny, what are you doing?"

Jack's frantic voice escaped my lips. I jerked my head to the side, almost as if an unseen force had wanted me to look; there was Jack, laying beside me. His sockets were not hollow, but filled with that same black oil or tar I had always known him to have, though this time, it had been freshly poured and was steaming. His mouth hung ajar; he was eerily motionless, as if he had been frozen in time.

My head moved on its own again, redirecting my eyes to Jenny, except it was Jack again, standing at his full height.

His back was facing me as he held Jenny high in the air, her head just visible from my point of view from behind Jack.

A smile graced my face as a few specks of that same golden confetti drifted across my vision, threatening to overtake it again.

I tried to call for him, but I couldn't force the words from my lungs.

I tried harder and harder to say his name, to say I was here this time to help him, to say anything, but the harder I tried, the more I felt as if I was drowning in the pressure building in my chest.

Water sputtered from my mouth, drenching my shirt and spilling down to soak my pants.

I coughed, and coughed, and coughed, but no matter what, more and more water kept spilling out. 

I sat up, only catching a glimpse of the water before the confetti overtook my vision; this water held a sickly crimson color.

Then, it was just me and him.

He was seated like a king in his red velvet throne, golden accents glinting in the deep crimson atmosphere of the room. And though his eyes were but voids, I knew he was watching me.

I allowed my body to move freely as I held his gaze with my own, never allowing my eyes to leave his as my hips swayed to a tune that was unheard, my hands roaming my body. Slowly and sultry, I danced for him, never looking away from him. And he never looked away from me. His gaze didn't assess my body, nor take in the way my hands lingered over my breasts or twirled in my soft and supple hair.