Chapter 16 - Jack's Identity

Start from the beginning

(A/N: Lin Chia Wei as Ye Xing Si from History 4)

After making sure that nothing was out of the ordinary with the procedure taken, two of captain Ye Xing Si's men went and put restraints on the child's arms and legs. Afterward, they covered him in a black blanket then proceeded to put him inside the empty container.

Then the captain himself and his other subordinate proceeded with disinfection of the area with a huge spray bottle with unknown contents. The viruses of an infected need an organic human host to survive. Without one, they die. Still, reducing the chances of infection was still necessary, so disinfecting was needed.

When the area was disinfected, the members then disinfected themselves and the others who were present in the scene to make sure that nothing escapes.

"Clear."

"Clear."

"Clear."

"All clear, Captain."

Captain Ye Xing Si walked forward to Jack. "He'll be under our care for now. I'll let you know as soon as we get some findings."

Jack nodded. "Thank you, Xing Si."

Captain Ye Xing Si then turned towards Zhao Li An and nodded.

"Let's go back," he ordered his team members.

With that the hazmat team dragged Axel back in their Ambulance-type of vehicle.

"What do we do now?" Edison he weakly asked.

"The park will be investigated so no one would be able to go in or out without the military's permission. I would have to trouble the two of you to stay since we're involved in this case."

"That's fine with me. I'll do what I can to help," Edison nodded.

"My team from S.I.D is here to investigate as well. I would have to stay here anyways," Zhao Li An said.

"Understood then," Jack smiled. "Let's head out and see if we find something."

As they head out, Zhao Li An's stomach grumbled. He tried to hide it from the others by covering his stomach, but it was useless.

"I'll ask for food to be delivered here as well," Jack smirked.

"Mm." Zhao Li An could only nod hiding his embarrassment.

At the entrance of the park, the military has already set up a camp as a makeshift headquarters. The tension was high at the moment.

"Even if you were allowed here to enter, that wouldn't mean you'd have the same authority as us from the military. Mere policemen should just stick their asses in their seats and stop petty crimes. Don't stick your noses where they don't belong. Understand?" The captain in charge of the operation within the park raised his eyebrow. If someone looked at him, one would mistake him for a female officer for his beauty. Yet, despite his beautiful charm, he was vicious, cold, and foul-mouthed.

"We have authority in this case since the incident happened within the city walls. It's certainly within our authority since ability users were involved as well as one of our members from the Supernatural Investigation Department was also involved. I hope you're aware of that Captain Teng Mu Ren." Shao Fei said as he looked at the badge of the captain.