BONUS (Jasper's POV)

We rounded up our men who were healthy enough to run a search or fight

           We rounded up our men who were healthy enough to run a search or fight. Those injured in the battle earlier weren't eligible to volunteer. Nealin was good at his job and he suggested we have a few wolves secretly watch over the Red Moon pack to be sure nobody switches sides and tries to help their warrior friends to betray us. Mira is gone because of them so if a single one of them betrays her I will kill them myself. 

"Good work, Nealin, thank you. Everyone knows where they have to go" Devran waved everyone off. It was left to me, him, and Melanie in his office. "How could she do this? Why would she ever sacrifice herself for strangers?!" Melanie asked in frustration. "It's for our pack not theirs" I corrected her. The woman said our pack would thrive because of this. "Why would she do it for our Pack either?! She's not even the fucking Luna!! You made sure of that" she spat at Devran. 

Devran was sitting at his desk with his fingers over his lips in deep thought but he heard what Mel said and his eyes snapped up. Oh boy. "Melanie, you do not want to test me right now. I am barely holding onto my sanity here. You aren't the only fucking person who cares about her, alright?! Blaming me isn't going to help me solve this!" He shouted.

        Mel looked surprised, "You care about her? Since when?" Devran cracked his knuckles and neck before standing up and pacing the room. "Answer me!" She shouted. "Answer me! Since when?!" She pushed at him. I tried telling her to stop but Melanie is a pain in the ass and she doesn't listen to anyone. "SINCE ALWAYS" he blew up at her. She flinched back. "Goddamnit" he huffed out and grabbed his hair again. "I thought it was just the mate bond...I thought when you rejected her-" she didn't get to finish before Dev cut in. 

"You thought wrong. I've still kept track of her every move, I've still threatened away any man who wants to touch her, and I have even more reason to care about her now because she-" he stopped. Mel urged him to go on and I was at the edge of my seat wanting to know too. "We shared an important experience together," he said without explaining. 

         "This isn't the time guys...we are here waiting for our village to be attacked and then we have to toture people until they tell us where Mira is..in case you forgot" I huffed at them. All of our emotions were running high and between wolves it's even worse. We get nasty and snappy. You shouldn't aggravate anything with sharp teeth. It bites.

"Melanie if you are volunteering then I want you with the watch wolves. If anyone looks suspicious in that school I wanna know about it" he ordered her to her mission. She nodded and squeezed my arm in reassurance for our best friend's safety before she left. 

Then it was me and the beast. 

        "What happened with you and Mira? I know you held your tongue because Mel was here but you can't tell me it's nothing" I called him out. "Oh my Goddess...did she sleep with you? It's the only thing you'd deem an 'important experience' I know you" I shook my head at him. What the hell was Mira thinking? I leave the girl alone for a week and this is what she does. I would've knocked sense into her if I wasn't so busy making my own bad choices. I missed this entirely and I feel guilty for being a shitty friend recently.