Chapter 5

I didn't care that I was barefoot from having run out of my room unexpectedly when Jasper first showed me he was going to confront Devran

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

          I didn't care that I was barefoot from having run out of my room unexpectedly when Jasper first showed me he was going to confront Devran. From there chaos ensued and fists were flying while bodies slammed into tables and things were breaking while others hollered for them to cut it out. Only for growls to echo in response. It all became too much for me. I hated confrontations like those. It always sparked fear and panic inside me. I had heard countless arguments in the apartments I had grown up in. 

I had heard the crashing, the swearing, the fists, and words. I just started running out of the Pack House and straight into the treeline. It's where I spent a decent amount of time with Jasper and Melanie. I knew a few places if I took a direct path, but tonight I just ran into the treeline in search of darkness I could bury myself in. 

When my feet began hurting too much I stopped and sat beside a tree to cry. I looked up into the sky and stared at the moon while my tears streamed silently in their pleas for mercy.

         I have nowhere to go. I hugged myself until I was shivering from the cold air rather than the nerves. When I heard twigs snapping and rustling just beyond where my eyes could actually register any sight in the dark a creature leapt out at me. His fur was a cinnamon color and mixed in with the flecks of gold was some of the hazel I knew and loved. His paws were large. "Jesus, Jasper don't jump out at me in the dark" I gasped. He huffed and lowered himself to me. 

I knew he wanted me to climb on. He wanted to carry me back to the village. I didn't want to return but I also couldn't stay out here either. I knew in his mind he was cussing me out for having run out here in the first place. I'd get to hear those words once he shifted back into his human form. I decided I had caused enough drama for one night and got on without argument.

          Back at the packhouse I noticed it was empty. Everyone must've gone off to Townsquare for the dinner that's planned for tonight. I suddenly felt guilty that Jasper was missing it because he had to come find me. He shifted and grabbed the clothes that waited for him on the steps and once his pants were on he made me turn and look at him. "Why would you run barefoot into the woods at night? Honestly, Mira you had me worried, I had to track your scent" he huffed, taking me by the hand and leading me upstairs. 

"Jasper, I'm so sorry for everything that's gone on tonight. You shouldn't be fighting with your best friend or missing dinner right now. Please, just go-" I was cut off.

"Mira, stop. You don't need to apologize for anything. You didn't ask me to do any of this, I decided on my own. I know the fighting scared you and I'm sorry but that's how it had to be if I wanted to get my point across. Devran wouldn't respect me otherwise" he explained. 

        I noticed his lip was healing from being split by a punch but any other signs of bruising and such had already healed themselves. He walked me into the bathroom and I was confused for a moment what he was up to until he started drawing a warm bath and pointed down to my feet. "We need to soak those," he chuckled. My feet were dirty and possibly cut. I nodded and sat on the edge of the tub to stick them into the half filled bath.

Mystic Wolfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें