Chapter 19

It felt like a freight train had hit Trevor, the ripples of it's force knocking me down

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

           It felt like a freight train had hit Trevor, the ripples of it's force knocking me down. I heard a few sherieks happening simultaneously as both I almost fell into the fire and because everybody realized what had just happened. A series of voices sounded out, 'Dev!' 'Dude' 'Oh my god, stop' were all yelled in unison. Devran had tackled Trevor to the ground and was wailing on his face now. When that fact finally clicked into my mind I scrambled to my feet to help Trevor. The guys were already trying to pull Devran off but with Alpha strength and rage you really couldn't move him. 

"STOP" I screamed, beating his back with my fists. Jasper grabbed me around the waist and tried to pull me away to avoid getting hurt but I thrashed out of his arms and flew down to my knees beside the two men on the ground. I put my face right beside Devran and screamed his name. Only after a moment did he pause. 

"Get off of him now" I screamed. Devran's fists were bloody and Trevor's face was mangled. I couldn't believe it. I know they heal at a decent rate but that still looked horrible. "Dude, what's the matter with you?" Diego grabbed his friend's shoulder again to lift him up now that he stopped punching. Dev's eyes stayed on mine. With all the hands on Dev and his rage still coursing he ripped himself away from them and started walking. 

"Help Trevor," I told them, and took off after Devran. Jasper tried stopping me but I told him to let me go and he listened finally.

          "What the fuck Devran! What the hell was that?! He's your friend" I yelled after him. He was stomping deeper into the woods rather than back to town. The further we got from the fire the dimmer it got and I was having a hard time seeing. I tripped over myself but kept after him. Finally I hit an uplifted tree root and fell. "Dammit" I cursed under my breath. Devran stopped and walked back to me, kneeling down. 

"You alright?" he asked, but his voice was still strained with anger. I took the opportunity to ask him again, "What just happened out there?" He growled and stood up. I stood too. "I snapped clearly," he growled out. "Clearly, but why?" I clarified. Devran pulled me to him in a flash and his lips found my ear before stating, "because he's not allowed to touch you." His voice was sharp, angry, and dead serious. 

"And why not?" I persisted. I could hear the rumbling in his chest. 

        "Because I said so" he continued his growl. "Is it because I'm a human? Is that why?" I challenged him. I had a feeling that wasn't it but I wanted him to say it for himself. He let go of me and started walking again. "Devran, I can't see. I'm going to hurt myself by following you but I will follow you!" I called out. "Damn you, you stubborn girl" he spat, turning back for me. I was the one to grab his shirt now. I was still full of liquid courage and I planned on using it tonight.

 "It's my birthday, you're ruining my night. The least you can do is tell me why!" I shouted to him. He punched the tree trunk and I knew that shit hurt but he didn't flinch. He punched it again and released a growl, loudest I've heard.