Arcades and Zombies

"Okay! So, I was planning on going to the arcade today, then going to check if the cat family is in the same building I always find them in. Then the rooftop of that same building and lastly, this place I found while drunk, simple but pretty nice place. After that, if we still don't wanna part ways, we can figure it out then!" Atsumu almost crashed against the guy's chest when he suddenly stops walking and turns to look at him. "So? What do you think?" Silver-hair asked while grinning widely at Atsumu.
"I think it's a really good plan, though I have to ask. An arcade? Open, at this hour. Really?"

"Yeah! It would surprise you how many 24hr places there are here. That's mostly why I go out so much at night. There's a lot to choose from." He turns back around and keeps walking until they both reach what Atsumu guesses it's his car.

A cherry 1976 Chevrolet monte Carlo.

"Woah, where did ya even get this car from?" Atsumu asks in awe. It's not really a weird question, he thinks, when he hasn't seen one of these cars since he was a kid or in American movies.

It's a cool car.

"I got it from my dad, who got it from his dad. It's pretty, right?" The guy glances at him for a second before getting his keys from his pocket to open the car.

"...Yeah. How have all of ya managed to keep it like this though? Cause it doesn't look like it's gonna crumble the second I get in."

He huffs a little laugh "I have no idea, but I guess I must be pretty lucky, yeah?"

Atsumu nods, then they both put their seatbelts on before the silver-haired turns the radio on.

He gets distracted watching through the window while being so lost in his head, that he doesn't notice when they arrive at the arcade the other mentioned earlier while Atsumu and he were walking to the car until the latter grabs his shoulder and shakes it a little.

"Hey, we're here." He says while looking out of the window. And Atsumu does the same.

Neon lights.

Blue, purple, and orange mixed together in strong yet soft hues in the pavement outside the place. The outside would be all dark if not for the neon signs illuminating it.

They get outside of the car and walk the short distance from the car to the arcade and the silver-haired opens the door for both of them.

"I'll go get us coins, yeah? You can go see what you wanna play first" He tells Atsumu after seeing him standing next to the door awkwardly, and once the latter nods, he goes to buy the coins and, after some thinking, smoothies for both him and Atsumu.

Once he finds the blonde, Atsumu has already picked "Ultra Free power". The silver-haired hands him a smoothie and he looks at him confused. "Try it, it's one of the best smoothies I've ever tasted in my fucking life." Atsumu looks at him blankly for 5 seconds before drinking a little from the straw.

His eyes widen.

Oh.

Oh.

He looks up to meet the stranger's excited eyes.

"It's good, right? Right?" he drags the last right while bouncing on his toes a little.

"Fuck yeah it's good" Atsumu chuckles. "Okay, I picked a shooting one because it looked cool-" The guy snorts "And it's a zombie one."

"What does it being about zombies have to do with anything?" Atsumu narrows his eyes at him. "What? Hey, don't look at me like that. It's a serious question!"

"Zombies are cool as fuck, that's one reason, and should be enough but since I'm an amazing and generous person-" The guy snorts. Again. "Shut up, I am. Anyway, since I am such an amazing and generous person, I'll tell ya another reason. I've always wanted to live through a zombie apocalypse because I'm sure I'd look so fucking hot killing zombies like it was nothin' and-" Atsumu looks towards the other just to see him with his shoulders shaking, and he pauses with his mouth hanging open for ten long seconds when the guy finally bursts out laughing.

The audacity.

"Why are ya laughing?! I'm serious! Have ya never imagined yerself lookin' all badass while killing 50 zombies comin' fer ya?!"

"No! what the- what-" he wheezes while Atsumu just stands there looking at him in disbelief.

After what could have been two hours instead of a minute, silver-hair manages to stop laughing. He takes a deep breath then says "Okay, no, I haven't. though," he takes a sip of his smoothie. "I have imagined myself as an owl shapeshifter that's also a superhero but " he puts a hand up once he sees Atsumu open his mouth. "-we're not here to talk about that. We're here to watch you get absolutely destroyed by me in every single game here"

Damn. Atsumu thinks. Challenges and teasing have always been his weakness.

Damn you 'Samu.

"Yeah right, ya say that as if yer the best in all of these games." He says, grabbing the coins from the other.

"Maybe not, but I do come here at least 2 days every week and have played everything, so I'd say I am better than you at this." He smirks.

"Hm, I'll be the judge of that." Atsumu turns his head to look at him over his shoulder after putting the coins in the machine and smirks back.

And that's how they both end up playing every game for two hours, grinning the whole time, nudging then shoving each other to try and make the other lose. Laughing every time one of them makes something stupid.

It ends up in a tie.