7/11

Atsumu can't sleep.

It's not like it's a new thing for him, he's always had problems with both falling and staying asleep for no fucking reason.

But yeah, Atsumu can't sleep. Which is a shame, really. Everyone in his family is sleeping. Not Atsumu though, he just can't seem to fall asleep.

This leads him to another thing:

Atsumu is also hungry.

The only things he has eaten all day have been little snacks he stole from Osamu's snack bag, and they were less than ten. So yeah, you can't really blame him for being hungry.

Maybe those two things are the reason why he's currently walking out of the little area the hotel's located in, and he doesn't even know where he's going. He could die, really. Could end up falling in a ditch somewhere and no one would know. But he's still hungry and can't sleep, so that'll have to do.

It's a nice place, a little town that has a beach that can be seen literally in front of the hotel room he and Osamu are currently staying in.

Does Atsumu know exactly where they are? No, doesn't even know the name, but that's his fault for tuning her mom's voice out when she was explaining everything while his dad kept driving.

By now, it's somewhere around 10:15 pm. Maybe. And he's been walking around for those fifteen minutes to see if he finds somewhere he can get food.

He looks up and pauses at the sight in front of him.

Ah, there it is. Looking gorgeous by lightening the street in front of it with its beautiful neon glow.

A convenience store.

The ring bells when he enters and he looks around for a bit.

A violet-haired girl who looks like she'd rather be doing anything else than just sitting there, the cat walking through what seems to be the microwave food, and someone maybe around his age in the back with weird silver and black hair all spiked up. Looks weirdly good though.

He ends up grabbing two different things, all to eat, and is currently in the back where the drinks are to see what he can find when suddenly there's someone talking to him and he jumps as if he was burned.

Lame. 'Tsumu, really lame.

He looks to the side to see the silver-haired guy stifling a laugh but swallows it down once he notices Atsumu staring at him, and then he talks.

"Quick question, which milk do you think tastes better?"

Huh?

"...Huh?" He voices out loud.

He chuckles. "Yeah! I've only had one kind of milk before and it's not here" The guy pouts slightly while saying this. And did his hair just deflate? "And I think they taste different depending on the brand so, which one do you think tastes better?"

The stranger blinks owlishly at Atsumu waiting for him to answer. He has really nice eyes, looks golden, and like they're shining. Seriously, fucking shining. Broad shoulders, kinda veiny forearms, and big arms. Atsumu kind of wants to have his head crushed between them. It would also be intimidating if he hadn't just asked about which milk tastes better and was so cute abo-

Wait- cute?

The guy is still looking at him completely unaware of the little breakdown (confused gay panic) the blonde's currently having, and when he finally stops panicking for no reason at all he looks at the two different brands of milk in the guy's hands, oh God his hands, a blue one and a red one.

"That one." He points to the blue one. "It's prettier."

"Hm, it does look pretty" The guy mutters, then proceeds to grab three more of those same ones, along with two apple juices.

And now that Atsumu stops and looks around a bit more, he notices the little cart the guy has with him, which is filled with snacks.

He's a curious guy, yeah? You can't really blame him for asking.

"Why do ya have so much food there?"

He pauses, looking confused for a second. "Hm? Oh! I'm doing my weekly trip around here." Says like Atsumu is supposed to know what that is, then smiles and, to no one's surprise, his smile shines too.

Seriously, what is with this guy fucking shining all the time? That can't be normal... right?

"Weekly trip?" He asks because he's still curious and the guy doesn't seem to mind.

"Yeah! I mean, I do live here so I know the places already and all that, but it's something I've been doing for years. Every week, I choose one day where I can't sleep to buy food and just go to different places around the town, doesn't matter if I repeat places. It's not a big town, like at all so, it's kinda easy to do so."

Huh.

"And it does help ya sleep?"

"I mean, sometimes, yeah. But at this point, I do it more for the fun of it than anything else."

And it does sound fun as hell. Also, remembering the fact that Atsumu can't sleep either, he's hungry and bored as fuck...

Would this guy let him come with him if he asked? Atsumu thinks he might cry if he says no, but still.

"Hey, can I come with ya?"

A beat of silence.

"Really? You wanna come with me?" And now he looks like an excited puppy.

Adorable.

He ignores that thought.

"I mean- yeah. I uh, guess so. I can't sleep either, so..." Atsumu trails off after realizing what he just asked the guy. A complete stranger.

Is he seriously that sleep-deprived?

"Sure! You're not from around here, right?"

And what gave him away?

He knows it's the accent and the fact that, even though he has no reason to, he looks lost.

"Nah, I'm not. 'm here with family for a little vacation. Ends tomorrow afternoon though."

"Huh, I'll show you around then!" He smiles. "Do you have all the things you'll buy?"

"Uh." He looks down at the mini yogurt and the two spicy chip packages and nods. "Yes, yeah. Let's go."

Atsumu, a little dazed, follows the guy to the register and snaps out of it when the silver-haired turns around and grabs the food from his hands to pay for it.

"Hey- I can pay for that."

"Nah, we'll both be eating from the same things so it doesn't matter, really."

"But I-" A finger in his mouth and a pair of intense golden eyes stop him before he can finish his sentence.

"It's okay, really. This is about showing you around a little." He grabs two plastic bags and turns towards Atsumu again. "And either way, I already paid. Let's go."

Atsumu stares at him blankly for a second before rushing to follow him outside.

✧ ✦ ✧

"Are ya sure about takin' a stranger with ya on yer weekly trip? Y'know, stranger danger and all that."

He glances at the silver-head, who looks maybe a little too excited and calm with all of this.

"Nah. Actually, shouldn't you be the one worried about leaving with a stranger to somewhere you don't know?"

Atsumu guesses he does have a point.

But still-

"...No, not really"