The grounds are huge, so the game should last all day, which meant we would be out late. And although we were reaching the warmer months, it was still getting colder.

So when we park in front of the school library, I grab one of Carters jumpers that he left in my car and slip it on. Georg side eyes me as if she can tell what's going on.

"You and Carter, hm?" She teases, putting her shoes up on the dashboard and lowering back her seat.

I attempt to hide my smile as she pokes me in the arm. "Awww, Emilia Violet, her cold heart is warming up. Who would have thought we'd ever see the day?"

"Shut up." I mumble, taking out one of my emergency eyeshadow palette's.

Georgia laughs beside me at the label on the side of the palette, that read 'EMERGENIES ONLY.' "Seriously? I brought bandages, water, snacks, plus a map, and you brought make-up?"

I waggle my eyebrows and hold up my makeup bag. "Plus clips, which you so desperately asked me to bring, by the way."

She takes a clip from my hand and adjusts it into her curly hair. "Of course, just the necessities."

I ignore her teasing, rubbing a finger on the purple eyeshadow and smearing it on the skin below my forehead. Georgia is giggling until she realizes what I'm doing for her.

"Lia, you don't have to. I'll just say I fell, it's no big deal." She shrugs, putting a makeup brush into my open hand for an easier blend.

"You go on in, I'll be there in a sec." I tell her, she hesitates but get outs of the car after a couple seconds pass.

I finish applying the makeup and follow her in, waving to our group after saying hello to the librarian.

Blair asks about the bruise right when I come up behind Georgia, so I squeeze G's hand and usher them all to sit down.

"We bumped heads earlier when I picked her up." I state clearly and none of them seem convinced. "Yup, we bruise like peaches." Georgia chimes in and both of us nod.

Harrison, Ben, Rob, Blair and then Georgia with Monica on her lap all squash into one couch and I take the chair opposite them before asking. "Where's Carter?"

The six of them shrug until a door opens somewhere and Harrison tilts his head behind me. "There he is."

I turn around in my seat, catching eyes with Carter who's walking over to us. His lazy smile and pretty eyes make my breath catch and...fuck it, because at that point, blush is spreading fast across my face.

When I turn back to the rest of the group, Blair's eyes widen and I talk before she can. "It's not what you think! Just let us...explain."
Blair scowls and crosses her arms.

Carter sits down beside me and we look at each other once more. "You ready?" I give him the go ahead with a nod as he turns to the group.

"Okay, we ask for everyone's patience and co-operation." He takes my hand in his and rests them on the small space of the couch in between us.

"Mila and I...are together." Carter says quietly. Everyone stares blankly at us for a lengthy four seconds until they all react.