"This is truly, oh so convincing, but I'll have to pass Crawford." He huffs and crosses his arms, leaning against the doorway of my bathroom.

"What if I told you, I'll take you somewhere you've always wanted to go?" This time I'm intrigued, I prop myself up on the counter, putting both hands against my sides as he takes a couple steps toward me.

"And why should I trust you?" I ask as he puts a hand on my waist, slightly pushing me off the counter, not aggressively just a soft nudge.

"Excuse me, I found that, rough, granite counter profoundly comfy..."

He ignores me, taking my spot as I stand in front of him. "Turn around." I'm stood in between his legs as he does a spin motion with his pointer finger.

"Wow Crawford, before this I might have put you down as quite the gentleman. You could at least take me to dinner first."

I hear him scoff as his hands go through my hair, positioning me with my back against the counter, a minuscule distance between us.

His hot breath fans against the back of my neck as he takes two pieces of my hair, sliding the bobbin off my wrist and taking his time to tie it up.

"Okay Violet, we have a deal?" It's so hard to say no to him when I turn around, his legs spread where I was not two seconds ago, hands on either side of the counter, collared white shirt with his school tie slightly loose.

I watch him look from my left eye, to my right and then... my mouth. "Fine. Where are you taking me?"

.....

"Do you think we have a song, like about the dynamic of our relationship?" He ponders, carelessly driving with one hand on the wheel and head propped up on his arm, resting against the edge of his red car door.

"Oh yeah, sure Carter, I'm positive there's many, many songs about two people, childhood friends who hated each-other because they were placed into an arranged marriage, didn't talk for 8 years until both of them were chucked into boarding school with no option, now one tutors the other in exchange of 'loosening up' since one of them is 'so uptight' as you so kindly reminded me. Ring any bells?" I grit out the entire thing as he taps his thumb against the leather steering wheel.

"Okay fine, what song suits me? Something about an incredibly handsome guy, lots of money and a catching smile hm?" Thankfully, I don't burst out laughing but it's most definitely tempting.

"You couldn't be further up your own ass. I would say your song is... 'Clean'." I rush it out, because it's true.

'10 months sober i must admit, just because you're clean, don't mean you don't miss it...'

The song fits him, if we are talking in a drinking sense, although that's not his personality, he's a lot more than that.

"Okay... I'll take it. To stay on theme, yours is 'This Is Me Trying'." He remarks and I hate to admit that it is in fact, painfully true.

"I'm sure if we dug deep enough we would be able to find a song for us." As soon as I finished my sentence, 'Lover' starts playing and I cringe involuntarily.

He doesn't really notice, just hums along to the tune. "I think it's up here..." He points vaguely to the windy road, leading us away from the ocean drive we had been enjoying.