Chapter 1: Leaves meet Love

Start from the beginning

Kyojuro: Good work for today, Kaedehara!

Kyojuro takes Akito's hand to help him stand up.

Akito: Thank you, Kyojuro-sensei. It's because of you I was able to make this far.

Kyojuro: Hahahahaha! No, no. It's all on you. I was never able to teach you Flame Breathing because you were not compatible with it.

Kyojuro: But to think you were able to improve your own breathing technique within just a year is already praiseworthy.

Akito: Thanks.

Kyojuro and Akito sat at the veranda while both of them are eating onigiris.

Kyojuro: Oh, Akito, I forgot to tell you this.

Akito to slowly swallowed a portion of the onigiri and looked at his mentor with a questioning face.

Akito: ???

Kyojuro: There will be a new Tsuguko under me. Since you already created your new breathing style, you won't be able to inherit my position as a Hashira.

Akito: Oh. It's fine, as long as that person be able to inherit your position as the Flame Hashira.

Akito: But, Sensei, I heard that the Flame Breathing is passed down to the Rengoku Family from generation to generation.

Kyojuro: Yes. If I die or retire as a Hashira.......

Kyojuro: My little brother will be the one to replace me.

Akito: But from I can see, Senjuro is still young and he may have other dreams other than being a Demon Slayer.

Kyojuro: You're right.

Akito: Sorry, if I really wasn't able to master the Flame Breathing and become your true successor.

Kyojuro: Haha! You don't have to think about it too much!

Kyojuro: You may not have mastered the Flame Breathing, but the flame that is burning within you is strong and unwavering!

Kyojuro: I also heard about your mission when you defeated the Former Lower Moon One and Two before you became a Kinoe.

Akito: And I guess I know where this is going.

Kyojuro: You don't want to be a Hashira?

Akito: I don't know. I only became a Demon Slayer is for me to protect people with my strength, and to find answers about my mother.

Akito: Was it because she betrayed the demons? Also, I noticed that when I faced the two former members of the Twelve Kizuki, they would always utter the moniker, "Traitor of the Moons."

Kyojuro: ........

Kyojuro: It may not be safe for me to assume this but........

Kyojuro: Your mother could've been a member of the Twelve Kizuki. Didn't your father tell you about your mother's demonic attributes?

Akito: In fact, my father only knew that mother is a demon. If Mother was a member of the Twelve Kizuki, then Father would've said that she had the words in her eyes that indicates her rank among the Twelve Kizuki.

Kyojuro: That makes sense, or your mother chose to hide it, perhaps.

Akito: *sigh*

Akito: But the fact that a half-demon like me can walk in the Sun. Maybe that explains why I can't go outside in the past.