"Since I'm here, I would like to say a few things. This wedding may not be valid, but I believe I am the person that Sulli can entrust the rest of her life to. What do you think, Auntie? Do you think this joke should come to an end?"

After hearing from Jonghyun, Mother Choi turned and looked at her daughter, "If not for Jonghyun, how embarrassed would you be today?"

Sulli looked at Jonghyun and smiled, "Mom..."

"...I don't care if my groom ran away today. All I know is, today's ceremony is already half completed, so let's finish it. Today, the Choi Family will only acknowledge this man."

Sulli glanced at Jonghyun with a stressed expression.

The entire scene seemed both real and fake; even Jonghyun couldn't distinguish the truth. Luckily, at this time, Sulli leaned over and whispered in his ear, "Don't worry, after this is all over, we will return to being friends like before."

Jonghyun nodded and turned back around to face the celebrant.

It didn't take long before the ceremony was completed. Afterwards, Mother Choi turned to the guests and apologized, "Today was a complete embarrassment, I'm sorry for making you witness such a joke. My daughter may be a mere lieutenant in the military, but she is very mature. Please except my apology."

"How about this, why don't we pretend that we all attended an engagement today. When these two are truly ready for marriage, the Choi Family will arrange a grand wedding for our daughter."

Mother Choi's words relieved the awkwardness of the event and everyone understood her intentions, so they clapped and congratulated Sulli.

Afterwards, Mother Choi invited the guests into the hotel to get some rest. This was when she truly turned to teach Sulli a lesson, "It's been 5 years. You've left home for 5 years and you returned with a gift like this?"

Jonghyun stood behind Sulli and watched as she got scolded.

"You previously declared that you were leaving the Choi Family and you were never coming back. I let you have your way, so what's this?"

"Were you putting on an act to make me happy?"

"I almost died from anger. Luckily, Jonghyun came to the rescue."

Jonghyun analyzed Mother Choi and discovered that she had changed a lot.

Perhaps, due to the investigation on the Choi Family, Mother Choi experienced the extremes of human nature, so she learned to become more tactful.

5 years ago, Jonghyun never met Mother Choi and the two of them never faced each other head on, but Jonghyun couldn't resist looking into the Choi Family. That's how he knew how Mother Choi was like 5 years ago.

"But, now that things have progressed to this point, I must ask, Jonghyun, were you serious about what you just said or did you simply say it to brush off the guests."

"Of course, I'm aware that you helped us, so I won't blame you for speaking the truth."

"Auntie, that's just a small matter, you shouldn't take it to heart," Jonghyun replied, implying a deeper meaning.

"I understand," Mother Choi nodded. "In that case, today didn't count."

Sulli looked at Jonghyun with a trace of disappointment, but this quickly disappeared.

"No, what I meant was, I'm willing to be with Sulli again."

Jonghyun looked into Sulli's eyes and added, "Since fate wasn't on our side 5 years ago, let's try again. If nothing results from this, then I won't persist."