39) Where Have You Been?

🦋

Digvijay was looking at the list in his hand. Among the hundreds of their nemesis he was trying to find the one who was brave enough to cross his limits and set an eye on their treasure, their Aadya.

"He is not in the list," his curt voice echoed as he threw his head back and shut his eyes.

Her innocent face appeared in front of him, looking at him with anger in her feline eyes and a pout on her pink shiny lips.

"But boss, they are our primal enemies. And five of them are famous for their mastery in painting, especially the Don of Tragervile," Alessandro took a moment before continuing,"and he is famous for his likeness towards Asian women."

Vikram's brown orbs gleamed with untamed fury as he snapped,"And what the fuck that means?

Seeing the anger in Vikram's eyes Alessandro did not say anything and bowed down his head like a good servant.

Digvijay shook his head,"It's not him, Sandro. This time the enemy is unknown, so are his intentions," he said looking at Aadya who snuggled more to Rudra as her henna painted hands dangled on her sides.

"Whoever that motherfucker is. One thing is certain he is going to die a death of a dog for setting his eyes on my darling," Vikram barked, crushing the ashes of the painting under his injured hand.

The trio looked at her sleeping face. For a moment they felt they were looking at the same painting which burned down in ashes a few hours ago.

"Alessandro, get out," Rudra, who was silent till now, said in a blank tone.

Vikram and Digvijay gave him a puzzled look, Alessandro has been a loyal and faithful servant to them. He is throwing him out of such an important conversation, it's not like he will betray them.

Alessandro didn't say anything and went out.

"I will never allow her to go out," his emotionless voice pulsated on the thick walls.

"She will be here with us , locked in our room forever. No one can see her, hear her, no one is allowed to look at even a single thread of her cloth," looking down at his woman he kissed her lips.

"No man other than us can witness the love in her eyes. No one except us is allowed to even gaze at her feet, if anyone does that then the river of their blood will flow around this estate, I will make sure of it. I will lock her like this, forever,"his words were filled with raw possessiveness and protectiveness. Aadya winced in her sleep when he tightened his hold around her body.

Rudra could never forget those two hours. Two hours of restlessness, two hours of fear.

Fear of losing her.

After a long twenty two years he had cried. He had cried for her when she was not near him.

The only thing which was running on his mind was her.

Where is she? How is she? Did something happen to her? Did anyone kidnap her? Or she had gone out on her own?

He was numb. Rudra who had always believed that a real man never cries was not even trying to hide his tears from the people around him.

They say there are seven stages of love.

Dilkashi (attraction)

Uns (infatuation)

Ishq (love)

Akidat (trust)

Ibadat (worship)

Junoon (madness)