Chapter 15

"Are you just going to sit and do nothing? That girl is your daughter. How can you be this heartless?"

Omar stared at his second wife briefly and shake his head. He came back home to rest but of course Hassana wouldn't let him rest. Anita refuse to open the door for him so he came here instead. He should have never said something like that to her. He still feels bad about his choice of words.

"Will you be this relaxed if Hamida or Habibah was in her shoes?" Hassana was forced to ask this question. Omar doesn't treat his children equal. He loves Hamida and Habibah more than Ruqayya. He doesn't make any attempt to hide it.

"Are you mad or something? Why will you say such thing about my daughters?" Omar doesn't understand why Hassana will say such a thing. How can a mother say such nonsense?

"Is Ruqayya not also your daughter? Why aren't you bothered about her life?"

"Watch your tongue, woman. You won't like to see me angry today."

"Angry?" Hassan's chuckled. "Is there anytime you are not angry? I am not scared of your anger, Mr Aliyu Omar. I am tired of keeping quiet. I won't keep quiet today."

"I want to rest. Get out of the room." Omar pointed at the door, waiting for her to leave the room.

"She caught you doing something despicable. She was just eight years, Omar. She was a kid!" Hassana fell on her knees, crying. She always cry whenever she remembers what happened that day.

Omar kept quiet, staring at her. He knows exactly what she is saying.

"You have shown her nothing but hatred since that day. She was a bubbly kid. You don't expect her to keep quiet after what she saw." Hassana wipe away her tears, staring at the ungrateful man in-front of her. She is always trying to please him, but what did she get in return? "I made just one mistake that day. I should have never supported you. I shouldn't have called my daughter a liar."

"Stop talking nonsense Hassana." Omar's voice was surprisingly calm.

"You don't want me to talk about how my eight years daughter caught her father cheating on her mother with the maid? I am tired of hiding it. Simply because I called Ruqayya a liar doesn't mean I don't believe her. I know she was telling the truth. My daughter never tell lies."

Omar look down in shame, knowing Hassana is right.

"Has the cat got your tongue? Why are you quiet? Talk to me, Omar! Cheater!" Hassana glared at him, remembering what happened that day. "Do you need me to remind you about that day? The day you disgraced me in front of my family. You knew everyone was there and you still did something that despicable. I am ashamed to call you my husband."

Omar gulped, staring at the floor. He never thought a day like this will come. Hassana most be pissed off to talk to him like that.

"Do you still remember how you disgraced me that day?" Hassana wipe away her tears, glaring at her husband.

"Everyone was in the living room having fun, but you!" She pointed at him, angrily. "You left the livingroom just to go and see your mistress. You have two wives, Omar. Two! What else do you want?"

"Hassana..."

"Do not call my name!" She cut in with a deep frown on her face. "You didn't even consider the fact that my family was in that house. One of them could have seen you cheating on me. I regret getting married to you, Omar. You have turned my daughter's life into something I don't know." She wipe away her tears that won't stop coming out. She is emotionally drained.

"Ruqayya unfortunately saw you and the maid. She was just a kid. She didn't know what to do. The only thing she could think of was telling her mother about it. She ran to the living room and told me about it. She said daddy is kissing aunty Hannatu. She didn't even know what she was saying, Omar. Everyone was of course shock. I had to support you even though I knew my daughter was saying the truth."

"I am sorry, Hassana." Omar apologized, knowing what he did was very wrong. He should have respected her.

"It's too late to say sorry, Omar. You did what you wanted to do and it's now my time to do as I please. I should have known you were an ungrateful person since that day. You develop a strong hatred for your own daughter simply because she saw you doing something wrong. Do you know how hard it was for me to call my daughter a liar that day? I slapped her that day, Omar. I did everything just to make you look good in-front of my family."

"I appreciate everything, Hassana. I don't hate Ruqayya. She is my daughter."

"Do not dare lie to me! I know you hate her because you can't even hide it. You started insulting her since that day. You made her become someone she is not. You will always shout at her to go back to their room when she is playing with others. Like that wasn't enough, you opened a separate room for her. She grew up being a shy person. She is always scared to be around people. I hate you, Omar. You destroyed my daughter's life and I have been quiet like a fool. I am a fool, Omar. Walahi I am a fool!" Hassana wept on the floor, regretting her decision to be on Omar's side.

"Please forgive me. I am trying to rectify my mistake, Hassana. That is why I am doing everything to make sure she is okay."

"Stop lying! I hate liars!" Hassana glared at him with her puffy eyes. She doesn't see the point why Omar is lying. They both know the truth so who is he deceiving? "You are helping her? How? By getting her married to that ninny-hammer? That family will ruin her life, Omar! They will destroy her! I can never let you go on with this your silly plan of marrying her off. Not when I am still breathing."

Try to understand my point, Hassana"

"Do not go against me or else you will see the other side of Hassana."

"Is this a threat?" Omar asked, staring at her with narrowed eyes.

"Take it as a warning." She replied him and left the room. She went to her room and lock the door, ignoring Habibah who was saying something she doesn't understand.

Omar is hellbent on marrying Ruqayya off to Sameer. The only way she can save her daughter is by taking her far away from Omar, but how?

Assallamu'alaikum my lovely readers🥰

I am sorry for the slow updates😭 I will try and update frequently.

Goodnight😊

I love you all❤️❤️