Silly Goofy Mood

Depuis le début

"Come here, look!" I point at the paint, scooting over to the side to give her some space.

When she was finally right next to me, I smudge paint across her cheek and take off running. "Wha-" she lags before she smirks, running after me.

I laugh as I run behind several pieces of covered furniture, using it to keep a safe distance from her. She could grab me with her vines right now if she wanted to though.

I run across the room when she tries to leap across the furniture, dodging all the paint around us. I keep laughing as we chase each other. But she eventually catches me by the waist and lifts me off the ground so I wouldn't escape, doing all that without the help of her gift.

We laugh as we look at each other. We're both already covered in paint but seeing the streak of colored paint on her cheek made it so much better.

She places me on the floor gently but still has her other arm wrapped tightly against my waist. With her free hand, she cups my cheek and uses her thumb to spread a bright blue against it gently.

I feel the tension rise as we just look at each other with smiles on our faces. This is the most fun we've had in so long, I almost forgot how free I felt around her. Just as she's about to speak, the door swings open. "Hey, Isa we-"

Isabela and I jump, pulling apart quickly, our faces flushed as if we've just been caught doing something explicit. "Ohh we're interrupting something aren't we?" Camilo says with a mischievous smile as he looks between us.

"No, you aren't," Isabela says, suddenly acting prim and proper. "What are you two doing here?" She asks with annoyance clear in her voice.

I pat Mirabel's head as she comes in after Camilo. She smiles at me before frowning at Isabela. "Mama told us to bring you lunch." She says, copying Isa's voice.

I laugh at Mirabel's impression, making Isa glare at me. I hold back another laugh and decide to stay quiet so I wouldn't completely ruin her mood. "Can I help?" Mirabel asks me with a huge smile.

But before I could answer, Isabela beats me to it. "No, now go home. Thanks for the food." She gently pushes the two kids outside of the house.

"But-" Before Mirabel could get another word out, Isabela huffs and closes the door, cutting her off.

"Go hang out with her another time." Isabela says, the two of them hearing her from outside. I sigh as I look at her. I hold her hand for a second before heading out, catching up to Mirabel.

"Hey, I'll make it up to you okay? We can paint my room together if you want to." I say with a reassuring smile, hugging her and feeling her nod against me.

"Camilo, take care on the way back okay?" He nods and salutes with a smile then they head back.

When I get back inside, Isabela has her back to me, already starting to paint again along with her vines. I take her hand and turn her to look at me.

I smile as I wipe the paint I placed against her cheek with my free hand. "Don't be too harsh on her," I whisper as I pull away. "I'm sure she'd understand if you just told her you wanted it to be just the two of us today."

She frowns and moves away. "Who said anything about me wanting it to be just the two of us?" I smile as she starts to get embarrassed, her ears turning slightly red again.

"Thanks for your help mi flor." I whisper as I hug her from behind, placing my chin on top of her shoulder.

She leans closer, pulling my arms further around her waist. "Anything for you, mariposa."

"Let's have lunch." I sit on the floor, Isa following me. We start eating the food tía Julieta made for lunch. Once I finished my last bite, I laid my head on her lap, looking up at the ceiling. She starts stroking my hair, combing it with her fingers.

I close my eyes to the relaxing feeling. Whenever I was sleeping over, she did this. Now it became a habit of mine to run my fingers through my hair when I can't sleep.

After our half-hour break, we continue painting the second layer, finishing it by golden hour. I take her hand, pulling her towards the ladder with a smile.

We get seated on a swinging bench by the rail. We watch the sun set slowly, the golden hues slowly becoming red and orange.

"I wish we could spend every day like this, just living how we want to," Isabela states out of the blue. I turn to look at her and find her looking at me with sad eyes. "Every day, having fun like this with you would be a dream."

I take her hand, intertwining our fingers and rubbing my thumb against her skin, comforting her. "Maybe someday, we could. I don't want to give up hope yet. All I ever wish for is that you're happy y'know?" I say with a bittersweet smile.

She leans her head against my shoulder and lets out a sigh. "Let's go home a little while later. I want to make the most of this day off."

"Alright mi flor, whatever you'd like." I whisper as I continue rubbing my thumb against her hand in circles, hoping it would make her feel even a little bit better.

———————————————————

Please vote <3 it motivates me a lot!