***

1:25am. most of us were already drunk and having a good time. i wasn't completely shitfaced, but i was drunk.

taylor and i were singing and dancing to teenage dream by katy perry. grace ended up joining us, along with gaten. once the song was over, millie and sadie walked up to taylor with two presents.

" okay we know your birthday ended an hour ago— " millie spoke, but was soon cut off by taylor.

" wait it's the next day? " taylor questioned looking at us.

" yup, " i chuckled. " did you lose track— "

" holy shit it's moms birthday. " taylor cheered, looking at her younger sister.

we all looked at her surprised. " what? "

" your moms birthday is the day after yours? " gaten asked.

" yeah, it's kind of cool actually. " taylor replied, sort of slurring her words. " graces birthday is november eighth. "

" i'll text her because i really don't think she'd like the fact that you got me drunk. " grace added, pulling out her phone from her pocket.

" i did not get you drunk. " taylor said, rolling her eyes. " i'll text mom in the morning. "

taylor looked at her two friends and noticed they had things in their hands. " what's that? "

" we didn't know when it was the right time to give this to you but now is the time. " sadie smiled handing her gift to taylor first.

" sadie— "

" i told them exactly what you told me tay. " i said chuckling. " they didn't care, just like i didn't. "

" i love the stubbornness but really, you guys didn't have to get me— " she tried saying.

" shut up and open it! " grace exclaimed. " she always says that. "

taylor rolled her eyes and ripped off the wrapping paper around the gift. she examined it before throwing her arms around the two girls.

" this is so cute! " taylor squealed. sadie and millie had printed out pictures of all three of them and put them in a book. the cover was yellow and the big letters were black that spelled out, ' best friends ' on the bottom, there was a picture of all three of them at taylor's birthday dinner. " this must've taken forever to put together. "

" it took a couple weeks, it was hard to not work on it while you were home. " sadie laughed.

next up was millie. instead of a wrapped gift, it was a bag. millie placed the bag in taylor's hand and she pulled out a pastel yellow hoodie. taylor hugged the hoodie, then embraced millie into a hug.

" i love it! " taylor cheered, placing the hoodie over her head and on her body.

" you like anything yellow, it's an obsession. " grace chuckled.

after grace finished her sentence, someone knocked on the door and grace volunteered to get it.

grace's pov