𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

---------------------

Date: 25th December, 2021

Warnings: Kissing

Word count: 7,784

---------------------

There was a moment of silence in the air, along with a look of darkness that clouded (Y/n)'s mind. All she saw was black after DreamXD had dissapeared, leaving her alone with her own thoughts and the little images that her mind created after that moment.

But (Y/n) remained idle. Idle in her place. But where she lingered changed over the course of a few seconds. Where she once was - The brink of nothingness, floating around in what looked like space but was, in fact, the shallow depths of her own strong mind. She felt the breeze of emptiness along her fingertips and something restraining her wrists and ankles to keep her in space, like a harness forcing her into the air to float. She felt like something was holding her, but also letting her go. Maybe it was Dream, or maybe it was her own subconscious, who would've known? But it wouldn't matter anyway, because she didn't feel that way anymore. Now, what she felt beneath her were the comfy sensations of what she remember was the duvet that she had been sleeping atop of for the past few months, as well as the fluffy pillows and throws she had across her bed.

Her eyes steadily blinked open to the view of her room. Right how she had left it. Her cheek was pressed up against the blue sheets and blankets that represented her bed. Beside that was her desk, untouched by any outsiders. She felt like she was fading back into existance. There was no easier way to sugarcoat that sentence, but that's literally how she felt, from her head down to her toes. Her body was getting warmer the more that she faded into reality.

Without moving the rest of her body, (Y/n) turned her head the slightest bit to see what else had remained in her room. Everything. Everything was the same. Alyssa's side of the room had also looked the same. It was definitely evident that not a lot of time had past, just a few seconds. Glancing up at the analog clock that hung against the wall beside their door, she found the time. Only a few seconds. The longest few seconds that any of them had ever experienced.

When the final realisation sunk into her body, her eyes widened to the size of saucepans and she sat herself up completely in her bed, her palms pressing against the sheets and gripping onto them with stress. Something was clearly digging into her spine as she sat up, the latch of Freedom still heavy on her back. Her hands lifted to feel the skin on her face, to run her hands through her hair and to pat back down the folds on her clothes. All the same. The scars, the bruises, they were all gone. It seemed that when she returned back to the Overworld, all of her previous pain afflictions had fallen into nothingness. But that was the least of her worries right now. There weren't a lot of things on her mind; she wasn't going to let anything cloud her priorities.

"...Clay?" She gulped before rotating her body, pushing herself away from the cushions on her bed. "CLAY?!" She yelled, almost like in a heart-wrenching scream. There was nothing but worry and hope in her words as she stumbled out of her mattress, hooking her index finger to pull her boots off after she tugged away at the laces. She kicked off her shoes and scrambled away, feeling the comfort in her feet as she went to run, straight towards the door and out into the hallway to find him. "CLAY?" She repeated.

"(Y/n/n)?" That familiar voice called out from beyond one of the walls, which caused her heart to leap.

"Clay?!"

🎉 Du hast 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃: 𝐀 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 | 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 fertig gelesen 🎉