𝐕: 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

---------------------

Date: 20th, June, 2021

Warnings: Injury

Word count: 7,309

---------------------

The mask sat snugly on his face, the black smile being carved into the white of a material that she felt like she had never seen before. The buckle was pulled tightly behind his head, resting against the locks of dirty blonde hairs that fell from his scalp. From all of the fighting, there were many flyaway strands to be found. But he continued, only lazily running his large palm through his hair to push it out of the way of the mask's eyes, which were only two simple dots above the smile.

(Y/n) swung her axe directly at him, using all of the force in her arm and projecting it into this one swing. She felt her entire body shift as the heavy weapon was drawn down in a swift attempt to meet his torso. Behind the circle, he caught a glimpse of the purple weapon that seemed to be blurred in the quick moment that only seemed to pass them by. (Y/n)'s body did a short turn to pull her arm towards the motion of the axe to hit Clay.

But he thought quickly. With a rapid reaction time and reflex, he tightened the grip around his own axe and pulled himself away from her swing. He set his foot down to take a single step back, which would have been a good enough call for a heavier weapon; in less than the few seconds he had taken to push himself away, (Y/n) had used the other side of her body to make a second swing at him using all of the access energy from her previous hit.

Through the blur of next wave, he proceeded to launch himself back this time. He pressed his foot firmly against the gravelly ground beneath him and pulled his feet away from the floor. His test of agility and flexibility was really put on display when he turned himself back, landing a backflip behind the swing and holding his stance before her.

When he stood to hold his position, (Y/n) stood her body up as she let out a few heavy pants, dropping her arm to wield her axe by the side of her torso. She wore a grin that showed a hint of disbelief, as if to say 'why would you do that?' along with her words. Clay stood about fifteen feet away from her now, a cheeky smirk growing own his lips just beneath his tilted mask. She saw two smiles. One that had a blank stare, who's eyes only told nothing, and his proud grin that only got even more smug the longer that they stood.

"Did you ever take gymnastics?" She said through large breaths. Clay chuckled out in the same gravely tone that he usually did, flipping his axe in his palm slightly to gain more of a feel for the weapon.

"No." He shook his head with a smile that reeked of vanity. "Just naturally talented, I guess."

"Nobody can be naturally talented." She panted.

"That's obviously not true, because I'm naturally talented." Clay teased.

"How many times have you attempted that and failed?" She arched a brow. "Looking to impress someone?"

"Life isn't fun if you're not impressing at least somebody."

She let out a half-hearted laughter as a response, still trying to keep her guard up. She felt the sweat beginning to build up on the side of her face as she bent her knees slightly to pull herself back up into the air to hold her weapon back up before him. When she fell back down with her axe now being held with both of her palms, he brought his axe up to her to allow the two weapons to come into contact to block her hit, preventing him from having a blade stuck through his chest.