𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

---------------------

Date: 4th June, 2021

Warnings: Medicine, violence, injury, blood

Word count: 8,522

---------------------

Sapnap hated to admit it, but Clay was smart. One of the emphasised reasons why he didn't want to admit that he was smart was because of his huge ego. He knew that calling him clever and showering him with praise about how incredible he was would just boost his vanity even more. But, he couldn't help but express the fact that he was impressed. Because standing with both Clay and Callahan by a bed that looked to be comforting a sleeping beauty, he let out a huge sigh before turning to the two of them.

"How?" He asked simply, earning him a glance from the two.

"How, what?" Clay asked simply in a basic expression.

"How did you even do that?" He queried in an exasperated tone, like he was finding it difficult to find the right words to express himself with.

"Are you talking about the body?"

"Yes." Sapnap gritted his teeth.

"You want to know?"

"Yes!" He snapped, feeling pressed about the fact that Clay was clearly egging him on, hoping to squeeze some sort of praise from him. "Just fucking tell me!"

Clay really wanted to provide his friend with an answer. But, to be honest, even he himself didn't really know. The smug smile that he had worn shortly had been steadily wiped clean off his face as he tried to think back to the moment.

"Well..." He cleared his throat. "That's the thing... I'm not quite sure."

"What do you mean by that?" He queried with a confused look stretched across his face. Clay turned to Callahan for a split-second to shoot him a confused gaze.

"Well, I mean- All that happened was that Callahan accidentally knocked the statue down." He shrugged. "And then, all of a sudden, it activated the totem of undying."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah, I'm just as surprised as you are." Clay huffed. "That is, if you happen to be really surprised right now."

"I am-" He was stammering slightly as he struggled to find the words. "How is that even possible? It's a statue!"

"I don't know. It's really weird." Clay gnawed at the inside of his cheek to think. "As soon as the statue-" He paused quickly. "Eh- The girl-" He swiftly corrected himself. "...Was sent inside, I immediately tried replicating the test again with the exact same layout. I used one of the old artifacts from the unit and took another totem but it didn't work."

"What happened?"

"It just fell." He grumbled, tucking his hands into his pockets. "I mean- The statue broke that time, the totem was okay. But it definitely didn't come to life."

"Then how was this one able to do that?" His hand gestured towards the sleeping beauty, who was laid down in almost the exact same position that she had been in on the floor of Clay's storage room.