"funny how it seems like yesterday,"

Beginne am Anfang

Estella's eyebrows furrowed when she notices the names scattered across different parts of the castle, with Dumbledore's pacing back and forth.
"It shows everyone."

"Everyone?" She questioned with furrowed brows. He nodded firmly. "Everyone. Where they are, what they're doing, every minute of every day." James explained to her.

"And you've made so you can creep on people?" She asked which made him roll his eyes. "No. So that we can see where Filch is so we don't get caught during pranks."

Estella hummed as she lifted the cigarette to her lips again and blew a cloud of smoke out into the crisp night air. But as Estella blinked, single tear rolled down her face which James noticed in the moonlight.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" James asked her as she sniffed up. "Must just be dust." She lied but he didn't believe her. Carefully, he lifted up her hand and wiped the tear away with his thumb, his skin brushing against her hot face.

"Prongs! What are you doing out of your post?" They both turned around to see the rest of the marauders standing behind them. "Oh I see." Sirius suddenly said when noticed Estella beside him.

James rolled his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows at the Gryffindor whilst Remus, with crossed arms, scowled at him. "Well we are finished now so we can go back to the dorms." James announced which made the marauders begin to walk away.

Before following them, James turned to face her. "You sure nothing is wrong? I could sta-" He was then cut off by Sirius shouting, "Prongs, you coming?"

"I'm fine. It was just dust." She reassured him before watching him nod and hurry after him. Estella watched him walk away before letting out a small sigh and lifting the cigarette back to her rosey lips.

-☾~☽-

After that, she headed back to her dormitory and was able to fall asleep after a while. However she was still tired by the next day so she found herself almost falling asleep as she sat on a quiet staircase during her break between classes.

She buried her head into her hands until she heard footsteps approaching her. When she glanced up, she saw Kiran and Fatima walking towards her.

The Ravenclaw girl sat beside her whilst Kiran leaned on the wall in front. "Morning." Fatima greeted. "Mornin'" Estella replied back.

Kiran then reached into her pocket and pulled out a packet of cigarette before flicking it open. But Fatima picked up her chestnut wood wand and flicked it at the box, making it turn into ash in their hands and collecting in a pile by her feet. "Oi!"

"So, did Regulus give you the cloak?" Estella asked the Slytherin girl who scowled at the prefect. They shook their head. "No, Rosier gave me it." She added.

Estella snickered which made Fatima hit her in the arm. "There's no point." Kiran then complained as they slid down the wall until she was sat on the floor.

"Well, a little birdie told me there's gonna be a party for Remus and you." Fatima announced which made her eyebrows furrow. "And who is this little birdie?"

"Lily." She confessed which made her let out a small groan. "What does this have to do with Regulus?" Kiran asked as they pushed their dark hair out their face.

Fatima turned to face the Slytherin again. "He could be there." The Ravenclaws said but Estella shook her head. "Regulus wouldn't. He won't go within a mile of Sirius." She explained to them.

"You can try and convince him." Kiran suggested which made her let out a huff. "All of this for a boy?" Estella asked the Slytherin before Fatima pressed her index finger on her lips.