16

(3rd POV)

Natalia smiled softly as she listened to Dolores read to Antonio in the hospital room. It'd been 2 1/2 days since the fall of Casita, and since Mirabel went missing. The remaining Madrigals were taking a little lunch break and visiting the still comatose (Y/N). Pepa and Isabela were consoling the emotional Luisa as she vented about her worry for her siblings, Felix and Camilo were playing a game of chess and Dolores was reading one of the many children's books that they picked up from the library.

Natalia was sitting next to (Y/N)'s uninjured side, stroking his hair and still holding his hand in hers. Now that she knew Dolores couldn't hear her, and find a way to include Isabela in teasing her for her crush on (Y/N), she whispered to him, "(Y/N), please wake up. Your family needs you. I need you." She turned her head slightly to wipe away her tears away, when she felt movement in her hand. She gasped slightly and looked at him hopefully.

(Y/N)'s oceanic eyes opened slowly and met Natalia's silver gaze. He swallowed before speaking. "You're here." his voice was hoarse from not being used for a while. "Of course I'm here." She hummed, before her happiness took over and she leaned over and kissed (Y/N), making him laugh softly into the kiss before kissing her back.

"Wow, first thing you do when you wake up is kiss a pretty girl." Felix's voice teased, making the two break apart and look over to the other grinning Madrigals. (Y/N) chuckled as Natalia's cheeks turned pink. "I-I should give you all some privacy," She tried to leave but (Y/N)'s grip on her hand made her stay. Antonio ran over to his cousin, prompting the other Madrigals to crowd around the two. Pepa and Luisa propped him up on his pillows as Dolores placed Antonio next to (Y/N)'s side.

"(Y/N), look! I've been taking care of Elena for you!" the 5 year old smiled widely, holding the little creature in his hands. "Que tan resonsable!" (Y/N) praised the child. One of the village doctor's came in and he smiled widely seeing the injured Madrigal awake. "Ah, glad to see you're up, Senor Bella durmiente." He teased, walking over to check his vitals. "Perdoname. Could everyone please leave the room while I check his injuries?" Pepa kissed her sobrino's head. "We'll be outside, mi amor." She promised, leading the younger Madrigals out.

Natalia once again tried to get up only to be stopped by (Y/N) squeezing her hand. She looked back at his pleading eyes, and smiled. "I'm not going anywhere, angelito." She sat in a nearby chair as the doctor began checking (Y/N)'s vitals. "All right, your shoulder has healed nicely, and your ribs are on their way. Your leg, how ever, needs to be in that cast for about 6-8 weeks. For the next 3 days, you'll be in a wheel chair to give your body time to gain some strength, after that you'll be using crutches until it's time to take the cast off."

(Y/N) smiled before it dropped as a thought came to his head. "Wait! Mirabel! Is she okay? Where-" "Calmase,angelito. Mirabel went missing after Casita collapsed. Thats why Senora Julieta and Senor Agustin aren't here. They're looking for her." (Y/N) tried to move but the doctor prevented him from moving. "Hold on muchaho, let's get you dressed and fully stablized before you try doing anything." He nodded as the doctor allowed Natalia and (Y/N) to have a moment alone.

"I'm glad you're finally awake. I've missed you." Natalia admitted, playing with one of the beads in her hair. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone." (Y/N) brought the artist's hands to his lips as he kissed her knuckles. "I know, that's just the hero in you." She smiled before Camilo and Felix walked in with clothes for him. "I'll wait for you outside."

Felix and Camilo helped (Y/N) get dressed as they teased him, before a sudden ringing and yelling caught their attention. "She's back, she's back, she's back!" "Mirabel's back, I'm guessing." (Y/N) chuckled as he was put in a wheelchair. "Ven, let's go see." Felix grinned, Camilo pushing (Y/N) out, before Luisa took over and pushed him up the hill.