4

(3rd POV)

(Y/N) rubbed his face as he tried to get rid of the heat from his cheeks. How embarassing! He drenched himself infront of Natalia! "Idiota!" he hissed to himself, before bumping into Mirabel. "Oh, sorry, Mirabel!" His green eyes studied the younger Madrigal. "Hey, what's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing! Just gotta put the decorations out! Wanna help me?" She asked, gesturing to the box.

"Claro." He followed her to Abuela's room, and lit up a few candles to go on the handmade crafts. He lit the last candle, and turned to Mirabel, seeing her stare longingly at the pictures of everyone else's Gift. "Mira--" "One hour!" Alma's voice called, startling the bispectled girl. (Y/N) hurried to put the fire out, as their Abuela stopped in front of them.

"(Y/N), mi tortuga, I need you to help Isabela with the last minute decorations." She smiled warmly at her oldest nieto, who scurried away, with a comforting pat to Mirabel's shoulder. "Esta bien, hermanita." He whispered.

(With Mirabel)

"Maybe, you should leave the decorations to your hermana y hermano?" Alma questioned. "No, I actually made these as a surprise for you. Ooh!" She stomped on the handmade gifts with a awkward chuckle. "Mirabel, I know you want to help. But tonight must go perfectly. The whole family relies on our family, our Gifts. So the best way for some of us to help is to step aside. Let the rest of the family do what they do best. Okay?"

Mirabel's lip wobbled but she kept her tears back as her Tia Pepa's storm appeared. "Pepa! You have a cloud!" called Alma. "I know, Mama. But now I can't find Antionio. What do you want from me?" She thundered, stomping away. Mirabel sadly made her way to her room, listening to her mother talk to her grandmother.

"Mama, be nice to Mirabel, okay? You know tonight will be hard for her." Julieta scolded gently. "If the Gift ceremony doesn't go well this time, tonight will be hard for all of us." Alma said sternly. Mirabel closed her door at that before sitting on her bed.

She exhaled softly, and leaned over to her drawer and pulled out a box. She started to play with the bow, as she heard her Tio. "Antonio!" "Everyone's looking for you. This present will self-destruct if you don't take it in 3...2...ooonneeee, oh!" She chuckled softly as the present was snatched from her.

She crawled under the bed, and placed her face in her hand."Nervous?" she asked the child, who placed his face in his arms. "You have nothing to worry about. You're gonna get your Gift and open that door and it's gonna be the coolest ever. I know it." promised Mirabel.

"What if it doesn't work?" whispered Antonio, looking at her with hope in his eyes. "Well, in that impossible scenario, you'd stay here with me in the nursery. FOREVER." she whispered dramatically, making the child giggle. "And I'd get you all to myself." she tickled him.

He looked down, and whispered, "I wish you could have a door." Mirabel frowned slightly before fixing her face. "You know what? You don't have to worry about me. 'Cause I have an amazing house, an amazing family, and an amazing you. And seeing you get your special Gift and your door, that's gonna make me way more happy than anything."

She sighed, resting her head on his tiny shoulder, walking her fingers to drag the present closer to Antionio.

"But alas, I am gonna miss having the world's best roomie. He looked at her curiously, and she pointed to the present with her lips, encouraging tell him to open it. He grinned, pulling out a stuffed jaguar. Mirabel chuckled, as she watched his eyes light up."I know you're an animal guy, and I made this, so when you move into your cool new room, you always have something to snuggle with." The younger Madrigal cuddled closer to her.