Chapter 13

Stefan is sitting on a picnic table all alone until Rosalie comes to talk to him, "I lost them both... Two people I've known longest in this world.. both gone." He says when she sits next to him. 

"Lexi?" Rosalie asks feeling sad for him

"She never came out. Neither did Markos. I know that's not a coincidence. It was, uh, her, unfinished business. and Damon.. uh.. he finally had everything he wanted. He was happy... He should be here." Stefan puts his head in between his legs and starts to cry. Rosalie wraps her arms around him without saying a word.

≡(▔﹏▔)≡

"I can feel them," Rosalie says while staring out the window

"Feel who?" Owen asks as he plays with Kayan.

"My brothers, but it feels different like they're not really here but are" She whispers turning to them making both Owen and Hunter frown,

"That's never happened before," Hunter says making her nod in agreement.
"I feel like hell," Rosalie says changing the topic and sitting down on a chair at the island.

"You look like hell" Owen points out smirking when she glares at him. Hunter laughs making her glare turn towards him.

"Mama, foodie" Kayan says making her smile immediately and picking him up.

"Sure let's go get something to eat," Rosalie says walking out the room with Kayan in her arms.

"Man being pregnant has made her bipolar" Hunter whispered to Owen making him chuckle and pat his shoulder before following Rose.

OwO

"So you're going to a college party?" Owen aks confused as he and Rosalie watch his brother get tumble for an outfit,

"Yep, I want a life away from you two annoying old people," Hunter says after finding a shirt making Rosalie scoff,

"Hey your just as old as him, plus your life is boring without us" Rosalie points out as Owen nods agreeing with her.

"Bye guys" Hunter rolls his eyes and pushes them out of his room.

"I swear anytime he brings home a girl I'm going o embarrass him" Rose mumbled before leaving a laughing Owen in the hallway.

(*^▽^*)

Later that day in a diner

"It's Stefan. Leave a message." Stefan's phone voicemail says  

"Hey. It's me. Just leaving another message about how today was not a good day. Everyone drifted apart." Caroline says.

 The scene turns to Stefan staring at his phone and drinking beer.  

"It's like everyone's pretending they can get through this alone," Caroline explains, 

The scene turns to Elena in her dorm room taking a shirt from the drawer and sitting on the bed smelling it. "Elena's gone and I think she's so scared to accept what happened that she's become a completely different person." 

The scene turns to Tyler doing push-ups.  "And if you ask me, Tyler's just hiding at Whitmore, pretending everything's fine as if he can outrun his werewolf gene or something." 

The scene turns to Tyler's mansion and Matt is in the living room clearing the mess. "And Matt and Jeremy never leave Mystic Falls anymore. There's an invisible wall standing between us and them and nobody's doing anything about it. Part of me wonders if they hope we never find a way back in."

The scene turns to Jeremy in the woods walking and drinking. He stands next shrine where is a picture of Bonnie, Matt, Elena, and Jeremy. Then we see Caroline again in the cafe.

"There's me, just sitting in a diner on the border of town looking for a way to get our home back. We just lost two of our closest friends. We need each other. We need to be together, Stefan, or pretty soon we're just gonna end up pictures in a yearbook in a drawer somewhere, and so, that is why I am not going to stop calling you until you pick up the phone and I hear your voice and you tell me that you are going to help me fix it. Because I am not going to give up on our friends." 

The scene shows Rosalie sitting in the nursery in the rocking chair reading a book with Kayan on her lap, Owen on the ground with Hunter beside him. "And there's Rose, she um haven't really been around us really just stays in her apartment with Owen, Hunter, and Kay. She banned everyone from saying your name around her, she's trying to hide her pain but Owen says other than Thomas you're the only one she could've let her emotions out with. She needs you more than anyone Stefan especially now." She ends the call sighing.

The scene turns to Stefan still sitting at the desk and the message from Caroline comes. He takes the phone and crashes it with his finger.