Chapter 3: Wilbur is an annoying old man. But he's nice to be around.

Start from the beginning

"I don't have any money for that..." Tommy muttered, also putting his hands in his pockets.

"Don't worry I'll pay", Wilbur said looking at Tommy.

"I'm not some charity project", Tommy said coldly.

"And I know that. I was the one who suggested going somewhere, so it's my treat", Wilbur said turning his head back so he was once again looking in front of himself.

"... Alright", Tommy said after a while.

"Don't you have a car?" Tommy asked.

"Do you see any parking places around here?" Wilbur asked as an answer.

"You can't drive", Tommy blandly said.

"I can't drive", Wilbur confirmed.

"But then how do you get around?" Tommy asked looking at Wilbur.

"The tube line. Sometimes my brother drives me to places", he answered.

"You have a brother?" Tommy asked.

"Yeah. Identical twins. Though almost the only thing that's identical in us are our facial features", Wilbur answered shrugging.

"Not very identical then", Tommy said shuddering.

"You cold?" Wilbur asked.

"Don't worry I'm used to the cold. I'm not even that cold", Tommy said waving his hand in dismissal.

Wilbur just took his coat off in sioence and put it on Tommy's shoulders. "I don't care. I won't ler you freeze you gremlin", he said as he pat Tommy on the shoulder.

"I don't need your pity coat!" Tommy said already taking the coat off.

"It's not a pity coat! I just don't want you to freeze Tommy", Wilbur said readjusting the coat on Tommy's shoulders.

"... Fine", Tommy said putting the coat on properly.

"Thank you", Wilbur answered.

After some more walking Wilbur stopped in front of a small building.

"This is it. It's small, but the place is good, trust me", Wilbur said as they walked in.

The place was in fact small, but it was cosy. The furniture was made of wood and the walls were decorated with rings of wood making the place look like a cottage in the middle of a forest.

"This place looks good", Tommy commented.

"Why thank you!" a man with orange hair and fox ears said from behind the counter. "Sup Wil. What brings you here?" the man asked.

"Hey Fundy! I'm showing Tommy over here an amazing place to get fried chicken sandwiches", Wilbur replied.

"Oh, well you really are in the right place then!" the man -apparently Fundy- said. "So, what would you like?" Fundy asked Tommy.

"Uhh..." Tommy said as he looked up at the menu. "Wil, what do you recommend?" he asked.

"We'll take 2 of the house specialities", Wilbur said taking his wallet out.

"Okay!" Fundy answered as he cahsed the order in.

Tommy didn't really pay attention to the conversation Wilbur and Fundy were having after that. He just looked around.

He saw a nice, small and very cosy cabin, where he settled himself in, waiting for Wilbur.

"Tommy?" Wilbur called out a little later.