Chapter 7

————————————————————CAIS

————————————————————Characters ageAeri- 16Jake- 17————————————————————

Aeri- 16
Jake- 17
————————————————————

————————————————————On the plane

Aeri took her seat near the window.
Staring out the window. She tried thinking of the positive sides of moving away.

While she was zoning out, the small box in her hand suddenly caught her attention. She opened the ribbon and took of the lid. She saw a silver keychain inside with some words engraved on it

And a note at the bottom that said "Now that I am bidding farewell to you, I can't help but think about how you have filled my life with so much happiness that can never be replaced

"Now that I am bidding farewell to you, I can't help but think about how you have filled my life with so much happiness that can never be replaced. Stay safe. Goodbye. Until we meet again"

She took the keychain and traced her hands on the engravings.
"True friendship knows no distance"

She teared up at the message. But she knew she had to let go, there were many new things awaiting for her.

Letting go of something doesn't mean forgetting it. It just means moving on with the memories and looking forward to what's about to come.

————————————————————

{A/n [funfact]: It takes 9 hours and 50 minutes to reach SK from Brisbane via flight. And Brisbane (Aeri's hometown)is 1 hours ahead of Korea, suppose it's
7:28 am Wednesday in Korea, so it will be
8:28 am Wednesday in Australia}

————————————————————
Time skip
At their mansion in Korea
————————————————————

The Kang family reached Seoul, Korea at 4 pm KST.

They checked out their new mansion and it was HUGE. It had a beautiful garden with plants and trees which they probably had people to take care for. It even had a pool.

She took a stroll around the property and went inside to check the rooms out.
The rooms were capacious.
The house had a lot of rooms they won't use, so they will remain vacant or would be used for exercising or other stuff.

She finally settled for one room. It had a balcony with an admirable view.
She could already imagine herself in that balcony enjoying the night breeze and getting lost in her world of imagination.

She was tired from the 10 hour flight, so she decided to take a nap.

————————————————————Time skip
At the Dinner table
————————————————————

Every body was sitting at the dinner table having a having family conversation.

"So...Aeri‐ya did you decide which school you wanna transfer to here yet?" Her dad asked her starting a new conversation.

"Umm...I haven't really checked any schools out yet...do you want to recommend any to me?" Aeri answered while chewing her food.

Her mom and dad exchanged glances before speaking

"I do have a few, but Cheong A International School seems like the best option to me. But they have a very low exceptence rate.
But I'm sure they'll be glad to except you there." Her father revealed.

"Ok then, I'll give it a try." Aeri replied, focusing back on her plate.

"No need to rush, you should enjoy, it's still summer break. Do you have any places here you would like to go to?" Her dad asked keeping the conversation going.

————————————————————Time skip
A few days before the summer break ends
————————————————————

At Aeri's house
————————————————————

Aeri POV

I'm currently checking an email from CAIS. I sent them my application and resume a few weeks ago. And I finally got a reply from them.
I haven't opened it yet. I'm super anxious right now. But I'll have to do it. *Breathes in*

1

2

3

.

.

.

I got accepted!!!!
I'm so excited to go to new school, but I'm also very nervous about it.

————————————————————
P.S.: Aeri had an interview with the school board members who asked her a few questions regarding her applications and resume a few days later after the email.
Because the admissions for CAIS were already closed and she was a little late with her applications and her previous school records, she had to go through this interview procedure. They saw her potential and accepted her immediately.