"You may sit now, Mr. Roswell." The teacher muttered as she started talking about those students who belong in tentative.

Our gaze met when Sevann head his way towards me. I was a little bit shocked when he suddenly sat beside me. I noticed that Camile and Polyn were seated on the same seat. I sighed heavily as I focused my attention to the teacher.

"The names that will be called are students who belong in tentative," She smiled at us but a seriousness were all over her face. "For our top 10, we have Pante, Brianna."

Agad kaming pumalakpak nang magsimula nang mag–anunsyo ang guro tungkol sa top 10 ng klase.

"I had two students who got the second top," She turned her gaze at us when she told us that. That made us more excited while waiting for the announcement. "It was Madrid, Polyn and Borromeo, Jacinthe. With an average of 94.88, they both got the top 2."

We all clapped for the achievement of those 10 students. It will be the top 1 for the last call. And, I am confident that my daughter got the place in top 1.

"And, as expected, one of the Monreal got the top 1," They all looked at me when the teacher announced the top 1 in class. "Congratulations to Mrs. Monreal for her daughter who topped the class with an average of 95.12 among the 41 students."

They all clapped for my daughter and me as well. I did not respond but a smile was plastered on my face. The meeting ended with claps and greetings for my child.

I was in the hallway when I get a two texts and three missed calls from Yaya. It made me feel worried a bit because of that. I hurriedly call Yaya back so I could know what's happening.

Yaya did not answer the call, instead, she sent me a text. I immediately opened her text message to know what happened to her.

From : Yaya Florida

pxenxia n sa abala, camila. umiiyak kc nng magicng c camile. hinahanap ang ama nia.

Umawang ang labi ko nang mabasa ang mensahe mula sa kaniya. Hindi ko maiwasang pangiliran ng luha bago mapangiti nang mapait para kay Camile.

Ngayon pa lamang ay hindi ko na alam ang gagawin. Natutuliro ako at hindi makapag–isip nang maayos. Mas'yadong naghahalu–halo ang mga pinag–iisip–isip ko.

"You are still here, Camila?" Agad akong napapunas ng aking mga mata nang marinig ang boses ng guro. "Bakit hindi ka pa umuuwi?" nagtataka niyang tanong nang humarap ako.

Tumikhim pa muna ako bago magsalita. Bahagya pa akong nagulat nang kasama niya pa rin si Sevann. Hindi ko alam na hindi pa pala siya nakakaalis.

"I was about to leave, Ma'am, but I received a text messages from Yaya. I thought something bad happened." I muttered, making my voice barely audible.

The teacher nodded. "Camile probably missed her mother," The teacher let out a small laugh as she said that. She shook his head. "Mga bata nga naman. Isang kibot lang ng magulang ay umiiyak na."

His dark eyes pierced into mine, closely watching my every move. He licked his lower lips and looked away again out of awkwardness. The air suddenly felt heavier.

I was breathing heavily so I tried my best to calm myself. "Anyways, did you know Doctor Roswell? He graduated elementary here in Benison State. I talked to him earlier, and requested if he can be one of the ambassadors of the school."

I had no clue why she was saying those things to me.

"What do you think? Do you think Mrs. Monreal will approve the request?"

I saw how Roswell grinned his teeth as he looked at the teacher. "She would never approve that thing." He whispered in the most sarcastic tone.

I am still wondering though if he was still mad at me and my mother.

"Wait, let me introduce you to Doctor Roswell first," The teacher insisted when I was about to bid my goodbye.

"We.. know each other, Ma'am." I stated, smiling awkwardly to the both person. I glanced to Sevann, making my self more serious.

He gave me a small smile. "It was nice seeing you again, Camila."

"I am glad... that you came back." I nodded.

The teacher immediately looked confused while exchanging glances with the two of us. "You already knew each other?" She asked curiously while raising her brow, definitely surprised.

I nodded as I smiled awkwardly. "He was a friend of mine, back then. And, was the former guitarist of our former band." I explained detailedly.

She looked so amused, so I had to looked away because I felt a sudden awkwardness between us. It made it more awkward when she kept on asking a question.

How could a teacher could be this numbed about these kind of situation?

"How do you guys know each other? Is it because of your band?" She asked so many questions. I looked at him with the same intensity.

He then sighed and a small smirk was on his face when I glanced back at him. "She was my... girlfriend."

&.&