𝟷𝟷 - 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞

Start from the beginning

The buttons were still confusing, even though I had learned what they all did last year, it had been a long time since then.

I felt the warm water move down my body, goosebumps littering my skin. It always reminded me of home when it would rain very often. I chose the scent 'Honeycomb Dew' whatever that meant. I washed my hair with the shampoo and conditioner it provided with the same scent. I decided I needed to get out, so I dried my hair and body. I stood next to my mirror that was decorated with lights around it for better lighting.

I looked at myself. No makeup, other than the mascara that was smeared down my face. My drying hair, plastered to my face. Wrapped in a black towel. I don't know what I was trying to see through in myself, but I snapped out of it, and went to find my outfit.

I saw that Nadiyah had layed out a dress and shoes all ready for me. It was rose gold, satin, and had spaghetti straps. The heels were white stilettos.

•••

•••

I curled my hair and put on my makeup: foundation, concealer, mascara, liner, and pink eyeshadow with glitter. I was trying to go for a grown up look that August had designed for me last year. I put on my stilettos, and added some gold jewelry.

"Done." I sighed, looking at the time, 6:00. The interviews started in an hour. I walked down the stairs to Nadiyah, carefully holding the rail so I wouldn't fall. Nadiyah looked up, and I saw her heart melt. It bugged me a bit.

"Oh Tessa, look at how much you've grown." She smiled at me as she walked over. She placed her warm hands on my shoulders. "You ready to see Finnick and Lola shine on camera?" I nodded. We both left and rode the elevator. We had to walk from the bottom to the stage. Nadiyah guided me to the stands where we would sit. I sat next to Finnick's stylist, Mono.

The interviews started, as we saw Ceaser turn in his chair. His hair was light blue with dark blue streaks. He was pretty young, maybe late twenties. He introduced the districts and tributes as they walked out, and it was District 4s turn next.

"A very charming young man we need to get to know, Finnick Odair! Welcome to the stage!" He called Finn's name, and I saw him walk out in a silver tux. It had glitter all over the jacket, and a white undershirt button up. His pants matched his jacket, silver and glittery. White dress shoes, with light blue glitter liner. His hair was fluffed up, he looked absolutely handsome. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies.

~Finnick's POV~

I waved out to the crowd, trying to find Tess. I looked to the first row, and saw her wearing a. Rose gold dress and her hair curled. She looked gorgeous. I sat next to Ceaser, and he quickly bombarded me with questions.

"Finnick, you are quite the charmer from what we've seen, could there possibly be a woman you're trying to impress?" Ceaser asked as he dragged the s. I smiled to the camera, then back at Ceaser.

"Yes, Ceaser, but I am pretty sure I've already taken her heart." I beamed, and felt my cheeks turned pink. I looked over to Tess, and saw she was glowing red. I lightly laughed to myself as the crowd erupted with 'awws.'

"That's adorable, teen love, is it?" I nodded as more 'awws' came at me.

"Well, what would you say to her, if she was here tonight? What would you say before you go into the Games?" Ceaser asked rather curious.

I looked directly into her light brown eyes, and gave a sincere smile.

"I would tell her that I'm always thinking about her, and that I will try my best, so that I don't lose her. And I know that if I die in that arena, my last regret would be not fighting hard enough for her. Because we fit together like a puzzle, we both need each other to complete one another. Tessa, thank you for the happiest years of my life."

Many screams could be heard from the crowd, and sobs were also not uncommon at the moment. Tessa couldn't contain herself as a bright smile enlightened from her face. Ceaser looked in my direction, trying to see who I was focused on. Then he found her. He pointed at Tessa. I nodded.

"That's adorable, so sweet." Ceaser beamed. "Sad to wrap this up, but that is all the time we have, Mr. Odair, thank you so much." We shook hands, and I winked to Tessa before walking off the stage.

~Tess's POV~

Lola's interview was just about her family back home. The rest of the program went smoothly, and we were now allowed back to our quarters. Nadiyah, Mono, Damien, and Lola went to their rooms, but me and Finnick stayed with each other down stairs.

"You we're amazing on stage Finn-"

"Shh, let me take you in." He looked me up and down, sighing contently after a minute or two."Sorry, you look so beautiful, I wanted to see you fully." He kissed my cheek as he held my waist."Finnick," I whispered as he slowly started kissing my neck."there are cameras." I finished as he rested his head on my shoulder. I played with his hair thoughtfully.

"I know angel, maybe we could do this if we return to district 4." He sadly smiled at me. I nodded, as a slight watery essence came to my eyes at the thought that I might not see him ever again.

"It's okay lovely, let's get to bed alright?" I nodded and we both made our way to our rooms. We both took quick showers before I sneaked over to his room and snuggled in.

"Finn,"

"Yes lovely?"

"I don't want to lose you."

There was a slight pause.

"Neither do I, angel."

Word Count
{1722}