Chapter 31: The Dial

James cried...

He cried out loud, the air flourished his small room. His mom was out. She was off doing the errands of an elder. James sat alone.

His tears slowly trickling onto his white pillow case. His crush broke his heart. The bullying had gotten worse. He was at a loss. The delight of a wanting something beautiful was displayed once again.

"Why does life against me". James pondered as he dried his tears with his hoodie sleeve. There were times when he wished his crush would come his way.

But he was invisible. The only one who knew his true self was his mom. She was the only who saw him for him and loved him unconditionally and it showed.

James looked at the posters on his wooden walls, the white paint flaking off lightly onto the small pile of forsaken wood chips that laid below the wooden wall.

He knew the reality. And he wallowed in it.
Senior year and he was still alone. He hoped he'd find someone but he was hopeless.

James got up from his bed, the posters fluttering as he passes them by. The rain outside provided a side of peace and serenity he hadn't felt in forever.

He walked outside, sliding open the screen door that collided with itself, he broke down again.

But this time he pit his emotions against the paper. The fluid flux of drawing his feelings out, he felt better.

The flaws of the drawing were there but he didn't care, the small depiction of a rose in a sunny day was all he needed.

For the drawing not only endorsed hope in him. But a struggle within that must be relived.