Chapter 22: Frozen Fears & Broken Sadness

I always knew this day was coming. The choirs repeatedly singing out vocals that echoed through the halls of every peasants small Mediocre village villas. The small frost pecking the hardened glass helms of the clustered but slightly adept window garments and showable candles the frothed the sense of holiday joy and cheer.

Me? I've been running. Taking in each country side, lounging in every bar possible to keep away from his huntsmen; and it was working..so far. For I knew as long as I was free I had some sense of pardon, a lightly tethered leash let every so slight looser than usual. I did not need the reins or his majesty or the this newly bred sensation to be yanked in tighter than usual.

I thought my newly found love would come along. But never so had he delighted as much to plight me with his endless libations amongst the time of year, and for some reason I allowed it, I told him how I felt about such indecent actions and he disavowed me. Kicked me out of his bar and into the snow pelted abyss that now plagued the never ending season of cold and ruins and I smiled knowing that finally now my love..she would be at rest.

I wanted to take Shelter but I figured that if I did he'd catch me. That even if I stop my momentum once his outer reach spy's would snitch and I'd be back in my quarters not only locked in by lock and key, but flawless guarded arrow-men ready for the first inch of sound that perched amongst their ear drums.

So I stood. Inside this cold, damp, frost bitten tundra that laid before me. The lengthy set of tress bent throughly in this winter consented wind. I gathered under a tree, her dagger clenched by my side, the smile still on my face, I smirked, for although the death traps I had set may aid me against one or two of them, the other two might just slither by. And I figured as much, but sleep came, and I welcomed the gentle touch of the sandman. I knew the truth. And I threw my body closer, my heart just fluttered as I moved my body inward and cuddled close inside the pre burnt tree trunk once more, and slid into a deep sleep. Hoping these festivities would end brisk and calm.