Chapter Twenty-Two

Start from the beginning

After I had showered and looked somewhat presentable, I grabbed a crisp before heading over to Nina's place. I hadn't seen Vladamir since last night and I was happy about that. I did however send him a text to let him know that we were going to go over to my parent's house for dinner. There was no response and I didn't bother to follow up with another message.

Once I arrived in front of Nina's house, I got out of the car and brushed the crisp crumbs off my clothes. The place was still heavily guarded by Shifters and Werewolves even though nothing had happened since Nina had given birth. The radical Werewolves had seemed to calm down afterwards when they realised that it's just a baby.

I barely rang the doorbell when the door flew open and someone grabbed me.

"Hi Leah, god I've missed you." Nina's voice was comforting to hear and I wrapped my arms around her.

"I saw you a few days ago." I reminded her as I pulled away and entered the house.

"I know we did but everyone was here and I didn't get the chance to actually talk to you." We headed over to the living room which was unsurprisingly filled with baby toys.

"Where's Riya?" My eyes wandered over to the empty bassinet. I wasn't a huge fan of babies but it was different with Riya, maybe it was because she was Nina's baby? That would explain why I don't think 'hell no' every time I see her like I do with other babies.

"She's upstairs with Gabriel. She's been a little fussy today, I'll bring her down later." Nina took in a huge deep breath and stared at me dramatically. "Tell me everything! What is going on with you and Vladamir? I still can't believe he marked you."

"Where do I even start?" I muttered as I laid down on the sofa. Nina was waiting patiently however her eyes and body gave it away, she was desperate to hear what happened between.

"Well, it all started the night you ditched me." I sent her a mock glare to which she smiled sheepishly at me.

"Sorry, it was the first time I had been away from Riya for so long."

I waved my hand dismissing her apology. This wasn't Nina's fault, she had done nothing wrong. The blame was on both me and Vladamir. I briefly explained what happened that night, skimming over the details and then going over everything that happened since then including the fake kidnapping, buying my house, moving in with him and also sleeping with him.

"Is it the bond? What is wrong with me?" Hearing back everything that had happened, it sounded way worse than it did when I thought about it. After hearing my own words I was horrified at both of our actions.

"Yeah." Nina whispered sympathetically. She had remained quiet throughout all of it, listening to every word carefully. "It makes you feel things you've never felt before and also makes you want to be around them. It's like a drug, the one that makes you lose your mind but simultaneously makes you feel good."

"Well that's shit." I grumbled. "Vladamir thinks he can break the bond, he said-"

"That's not possible." Nina interrupted me. "It could have been possible when he first bit you but then you consummated the bond and he marked you again. You can't undo that."

"I don't feel any different. I'm still human, maybe we can still break the bond? I can't be stuck with him forever." I hadn't told her that he planned on killing me after I had 'lived my life'. I knew she would freak out and panic.

"It was like that with me too, I didn't feel any different. I just felt stronger and had weird cravings but that's probably because I was pregnant." Nina let out a short laugh before stopping abruptly. "Wait, you've been having sex with him."