Chapter 31 - Wake Up

Start from the beginning

"This is how it is going to work: on your signal, we enter the room Sasz, Cameron and Valentina are in, my men and I will tend to Sasz and Cameron while you find your girlfriend and exit the building-"

"I want to speak with him and the woman," I interrupted as he shook his head.

"Sir, if you were fully aware of the kind of bästard Sasz really was then I'm sure your only focus would be to tend to your girlfriend. God knows she'll need it after being kept hostage by the pair of them."

"Tell Varacalli to keep him alive until I get a chance to speak with him." I instructed through gritted teeth. "The same goes for the bïtch."

"I will let him know, Sir." He said. "In the meantime, my men and I are going cancel out any unnecessary threats."

I got back into the car and drove closely behind the SUVs, stopping a few metres away from the building.

"Give us two minutes." Will spoke as the men followed him.

I squeezed my eyes shut, praying Scarlett was in there and she was okay. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost her forever but I know I wouldn't be able to continue living without her.

She gave me spirit.

She bought me down to earth.

She showed me who I really was.

Exactly two minutes later, Will reappeared, nodding for me to follow him. Hastily, I jumped out and followed him to the entrance of the warehouse where four men lay lifelessly in pools of each other's blood.

These guys didn't take any chances that much was evident.

I stepped over the bodies, pushing the door open quietly as Will and the others marched behind me.

I could hear voices from behind a closed door as I pressed me ear to the door trying to listen.

"But I was your baby girl!" I heard Scarlett's voice sob as my heart thumped loudly against my ribcage.

She was alive.

The room inside became quiet until Lisbeth screeched suddenly.

"Oh, no, you don't!" I heard her bark. "I am going to make you suffer so badly you're going to wish mommy and daddy had finished the job sixteen years ago."

No, she fücking wasn't, I thought, rage controlling my body.

"Now." I barked at Will as I kicked the door open.

I could feel several pairs of eyes watching me but the only pair I could see were my baby's.

God, they had hurt her so badly.

"Not today, you little bïtch," I told Lisbeth, still keeping my eyes on Scarlett.

"Go," Will muttered in my ear as him and his men began firing shots.

I ran towards Scarlett, my eyes widening in horror upon seeing her properly.

Her beautiful face had been beaten black and blue, her once bright eyes were puffy and swollen, she was near naked and shivering uncontrollably.

My blood boiled in sheer anger when my eyes landed on her leg.

One of these fücker's had tortured Scarlett.

She was given another scar.

"Jasper," She sobbed quietly into my chest as I wrapped my arms around her thinning frame. "Is that you?"