Chapter 0 - Prologue

Lightning, storms, so many emotions, so much more than I can handle. All that deluge coming down on me and rocking my boat, as usual.

And then nothing.

Everything is so quiet, what a strange feeling. I haven't experienced this since .. Wait .. Since when? What's going on? I don't understand anything anymore.

I'm in the middle of a dream, aren't I? Today's the first day at school, isn't it? I have to wake up, I can't be late for my very first day at Hope's Peak. The Ultimate.. The Ultimate what? Oh yes! Yumeji Sone, the Ultimate ninja, but how did I get that title? I can't remember. Why is everything so confusing?

My head finally straightened out.

"Well, you're a lazy one! I've been waiting for an hour!" Said a boy next to me whose brown hair with green tips was completely messy. He was staring at me with his grey eyes and his smirk. His clothes, rather simple but with a certain class, still gave him the look of someone who takes care of his appearance.

Wait what?! What's he doing in my house? But! I'm not home! I'm sitting at a school desk? I fell asleep in class? What the hell is going on?

"Get up, sweetie! I need you to get out of here!"

"But.. Who are you? And what are we doing here? Where are we anyway?"

"Ooh slowly! My name is Asao Takahashi, the Ultimate hacker. I'm as lost as you are, I don't know where we are. And who are you? Can I trust you?"

"Yumeji Sone, Ultimate Ninja. What do mean, trust?"

"Look around you, we're trapped like rats."

At the end of his sentence, I started to turn my head to the left to look at the room we were in. I was sitting in the second row, the class looked pretty much upside down, like a hurricane went through there. The windows were sealed with large metal plates. I then got up to go and take a closer look as the boy scrutinized the slightest of my movements. I put my hand on the plate so cold to see if it moved. No luck! They are well fixed. My gaze then landed on this screen positioned to the right of the blackboard. It was off. There was also a camera hanging on the ceiling, maybe they were connected? Or someone is watching us? A security camera in a classroom, this is strange.

"What does that mean?" I whispered.

"Do you remember how you ended up here?" Suddenly asked Asao, startling me.

"I .. actually no. Why the question?"

"I don't remember either, it doesn't make sense. Someone had to take us here. I only remember going through the gate at Hope's Peak and then nothing, everything became blurry all of a sudden." He added, massaging his arm on which he had a tattoo.

"Oh me too! Besides, there was this boy who slipped and had to be taken by ambulance! Anyway, let's get back to business! Why don't we walk out the door and see what's hiding behind?"

"Yeah, I saw it too, the poor guy had a bloody nose. But don't you think opening the door was my first thought when I woke up? It's locked, which is why I need your help. I searched everywhere and I couldn't find a key or anything to open the damn door."

"Are we really locked up then?! And who says I can trust you?"

"The same goes for me. We have no choice but to work as a team now. We'll see where that takes us. Even so, I doubt a pretty girl like you would ever want to hurt anyone." he said with a wink." Come on! Help me find the key."

What a strange feeling of déjà vu.

"You should have woken me up earlier! Locks are child's play for me!" I said with a big smile.

"Oh I see, one more reason to be wary of you then." he laughed.

Before I picked the lock, I had to find a makeshift tool. Bingo! A pin was on the professor's desk, and it was surprisingly well-worn. All I have to do is use my magic touch aaaaand.."

"Tadaaaa!" I cried.

"And to think I struggled for an hour."

"Stop whining and follow me!"

"Yes ma'am!" he smiled.

Once we got out, we were in a hallway with another similar door next door. Like a school hallway.

"Do you think we're still in Hope's Peak?" I asked him.

"I don't know, it looks like a school anyway."

"Out of the question!" Screamed a female voice in the distance.

Asao and I turned to each other, frowning, and then we hurried to the noise.