07 : 𝖫𝖾 𝖬𝗒𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗊𝗎𝖾 𝖲𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Start from the beginning

He spun to where she vanished. A cold coat of dread cascaded down his stunned frame like a freezing gush of water. It was no path to the toilets, but rather a narrow corridor leading to who knows where. Alarmed, the detective sprinted, his suit dramatically swishing behind him like a cape.

"I fucking knew it," Inspector Kang gritted. "Y/N, you goddamn trickster."

BANG!

A deafening gunshot made him halt. Ivy's blood-curdling scream filled his ears, causing him to reappear into the now chaotic banquet. Right on top of the balcony's banister stood Y/N, holding Mayor Jang by his hair with a pistol aimed at his head. Pugsy and Tut ran into the scene, firing bullets to the ceiling to threaten the shaken crowd. Surrounding police officers hurriedly circled the gang, their shrill voices ordering the outlaws to drop their weapons— as if they'd listen.

"Why, good evening, ladies and gents," Y/N mockingly greeted. "I suppose you all never thought I'd come crashing into Kennedy's victory party."

"Hck—" Ivy flinched as the criminal diverted the pistol to her. "Mom, do something—"

"Deborah," Y/N raised a brow. "You heard your daughter. I can't believe you'd just stand there and do absolutely nada."

"Don't shoot," Mayor Jang sternly demanded. "Chief Leroy, please, get a hold of your men."

"I'll have all three of their skulls busted open if you try," she warned, giggling like a child. "You wouldn't like it, chief. It's bloody nasty."

"Guns to the floor!" Pugsy urged the cops, his rifle dangerously raised. "Guns to the floor, I said!"

"Calm down," Y/N shushed as Deborah anxiously trembled on her feet. "You know I don't kill people."

"You fucking liar," Ivy bravely spat. "You rotten, slug of a whore."

"I beg your pardon," Y/N feigned surprise. "I may be a bitch, but I was a never a cheating whore."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

Inspector Kang caught glimpse of a stout male scampering outdoors with a bagful of cash. Mr. and Mrs. Monet shrieked as it was all the money intended for charity. Mayor Jang furiously gritted, a throbbing vein visible on his sweaty forehead. Ivy chewed on her glossy lips, her bedazzled hands curling into tight fists.

"There goes your luxury," Y/N teasingly whispered. "Too bad you won't be able to purchase the bag of your dreams this season, Deborah."

"You heartless, piece of shit!" Mrs. Jang hissed. "I'm gonna have you rot behind the bars!"

"I'd like to see you try."

BANG!

Pugsy fired a warning shot, causing everyone to duck. Y/N immediately took the chance to flee. Heaving her gown, she slid down the polished handrail, her red heels hitting the floor. Her goons swiftly took over, exchanging bullets with the charging authority.

"Le Mystique is escaping!" Chief Leroy growled. "Kids, get her!"

Y/N rushed to the parking lot wherein she mounted somebody else's motorbike. She briefly sparked the plugs, forcing the vehicle to power. A series of footsteps catalyzed her impending adrenaline.

Inspector Kang hastily got into his car. He fumbled with his keys, cursing as his engine stubbornly refused to start for a couple seconds. He looked ahead and to his utter rage, the criminal had already buggered off.

He saw her take the long boulevard, hence he drove, signaling his peers to follow. The sleeping neighborhood of Coussac awakened as the criminal sped down the lane. She lowered herself onto the bike, her laced palms twisting the breaks, causing the ride to roar.

A gleam of red and blue alerted her senses. She didn't have to glance over her shoulder to acknowledge the police's presence. They raced with her, their guns firing deadly bullets in which she fearlessly dodged. Inspector Kang asked Chief Leroy to take another route.

"Pugsy," Y/N mumbled. "Where on earth—"

SCREECH!

Her bike almost swerved as its rear wheel took a shot. Pissed, she dangerously maintained her pace, afraid that she might crash if she challenged to scoot faster. To her relief, her goons turned up in a white van, their middle fingers wavering for the cops to see.

"I'm about to fucking die!" Y/N yelled angrily. "Hurry up and do something!"

Pugsy pointed upwards. There by the rooftops, a pair of men parkoured. They let down a piece of rope, encouraging their boss to channel her inner daredevil. The motorbike's exhaust threateningly ignited, prompting the girl to stand on her seat.

Inspector Kang hurtled from the opposite side of the avenue. He drifted his car to counter Y/N's tracks. Yet a massive spike of horror sweeped through his veins as he watched the villain hop off her ride and climb into the darkness. The now abandoned vehicle uncontrollably sped towards his auto, earning a panicked cry from his advancing colleagues.

The detective tried to get out as soon as possible, but he was unfortunate.

CRASH!

Into the driver's seat, the motorbike collided.

_____꧁❀꧂_____