07 : 𝖫𝖾 𝖬𝗒𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗊𝗎𝖾 𝖲𝗍𝗋𝗂𝗄𝖾𝗌

Start from the beginning

Must he respect the lady's personal boundaries and leave her be or must he dig in to her bizzare identity?

"Where are you going?" Inspector Kang blurted as he watched her stand. "Is there a problem?"

"It's none of your business, actually."

"Tell me," he insisted. "So I could help."

"You really don't know how to listen, do you?"

Inspector Kang followed her through the banquet, earning weirded looks from the slightly drunk guests. Snatching a bottle of brandy, he cautiously grabbed her by the wrist. Y/N halfway spun, her nose scrunching in annoyance. The detective merely beamed, pouring her a shot.

"Care to drink with me, Ms. Blanche?"

"Mr. Kang," Y/N heavily sighed. "You have a woman."

"A friendly get together can't possibly ruin a year-long relationship, can it?"

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but it can."

"Just a harmless sip," Inspector Kang drew the beverage closer. "I know you want to."

Defeated, the criminal harshly took the serve from him. She gulped Hennessy in one go, the taste of oaky liquor burning her throat. She subtly cringed at the unexpected flavor, causing her to jab the now empty glass back to her company's chest. Strutting elsewhere, she glanced over her shoulder to find the man fixing his lose tie, his heavenly picturesque drawing closer as though he was yet another lost puppy trying to find his way home.

What does he want from her?

"For a sophisticated mademoiselle like you, I'm quite impressed that you were able to finish all that in a jitter."

"Ah," Y/N proudly huffed. "I've been told a couple of times before."

"You're incredibly fascinating, Monica."

"I appreciate your praise, but we're in your girlfriend's territory."

"Oh, am I not allowed to compliment a friend now?"

"I'm not your friend."

"Then you shouldn't have taken the Hennessy," Inspector Kang grinned. "Isn't that right, Ms. Blanche?"

The criminal pursed her sweet lips, a heat of discomfort fanning her cheeks. She mindlessly tugged on her mask, feeling the suspicious stare radiating from Inspector Kang's brown, doe eyes. Shifting to her heels, she placed her arms defensively across her chest.

"Excuse me," she mumbled. "I need to use the restroom."

Unsure of what to say, Inspector Kang let her scamper. He remained anchored on his spot, a dissatisfied grimace tainting his visage. He took a small step forward, eventually pausing as he tried to bargain with his rambling conscience. Why would he even dare to follow her to the restroom? He bluntly shook his head, sensing a vine of guilt and humiliation slither within his chest.

CRASH!

Screams broke the refined silence as the windows to the manor shattered into crystal-like pieces. Inpector Kang panicked. He instinctively whipped out his gun, his fingers ready to pull the trigger— and then it hit him. If Monica barely knew anything about Coussac, let alone the Jang's residence, then how was she supposed to navigate the restroom all by herself?