“Second young master is nothing more than a title, isn’t it? You ask around, Shi Yunnan is the one who was abandoned, who cares about him?”

“Tsk, shame on him for coming here.”

“That’s right, any smart person knows whom to speak to at this banquet.”

The guests ate melons and watched the show, occasionally letting out a few whispers.

Shi Yunnan listened to these remarks, without showing any embarrassment on his face. He shook the glass slightly, and even took a sip of wine in a leisurely manner.

The closer Wen Yibei immediately stepped forward and once again shielded Shi Yunnan, the ‘target of all’, closely behind himself.

“Mrs. Zhao, Yunnan didn’t say half a word about you just now, you shouldn’t and don’t have the right to accuse him in public.”

Wen Yibei was a graceful and elegant gentleman who almost never had a bad rapport with others, but when it came to Shi Yunnan, his tone was actually a few points tougher than usual.

The implication of his words was suggesting that Mrs. Zhao should apologize in turn.

“Mrs. Zhao, second young master Shi was just being kind and comforted me.”

Mrs. Lou also spoke up, feeling overwhelmed.

“He didn’t mean anything from beginning to end, and he didn’t deliberately dismiss your jewelry as bad. Why do you need to target a child for no reason?”

She only felt that Shi Yunnan was innocent, and for no good reason, was implicated in the fighting between women.

Originally it was just a small friction between words, but as a result, the two sides came back and forth, coupled with the fanfare of the guests nearby, the situation suddenly expanded——

Mrs. Zhao became more and more angry, and couldn’t help but let out a snort, “A child? How old is this child? Let me ask you then, which guest would pick on the hostess of the banquet?”

Another person gloated, “Mrs. Zhao, why don’t you check the guest list again? Some people can’t even afford formal wear, I’m afraid they sneaked by fishing in troubled waters1.”

“……”

The focus of this remark couldn’t be more obvious.

Shi Yunnan looked sideways toward the source of the sound, only to find that it was the young master Wei who badmouthed him at the beginning.

The other party was curbed by Wen Yibei just now, and wasn’t willing to take it lying down, now he found the right time to attack.

When Mrs. Zhao heard this, she suddenly remembered something.

Although this banquet was arranged by the hotel, the guest list was personally selected by her and her husband Zhao Chengru.

The guests invited to attend today, she more or less have an impression. Take these three nominal brothers as an example——

Wen Yibei was the invited guest for the opening performance, while Xie Keyue received the invitation because of this ‘jewelry gift’ .

But the rest of the Shi family, especially this Shi Yunnan in front of her, was completely absent from her inviting memory?

“Go and check the guest list.” Mrs. Zhao asked the waiter on the side.

As soon as these words came out, it was obvious that Shi Yunnan was completely disregarded.

Xie Keyue lowered his eyes, concealing the joy in the depths of his pupils.

Last time Shi Yunnan made him have such a big slip-up in the nightclub, today it was his turn to be humiliated in public and lose face, he finally took his revenge!