Geared up for a Show

So yeah I dig FNaF. A lot. Monty's my favorite Glamrock and I don't CARE how many of you complain that he's not as good as Freddy or Bonnie or the others I love Gators and I love Crocs and this Florida Man deserves attention just as much as anyone else does. And yes, this book is written based on my own personal theories and ideas for the game, so if things here don't match up with your personal ideals then please read it with an open mind. Also please place your logic in a nearby box, sit on it, and don't let it out til you finish this book as some things in here may make no sense to you but work for someone imaginative like myself. Anyway, this is part 1 of my FNaF stories, so if it works, kudos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 10:00 PM

The second loudest part of the night. Families were shuffling out of the Pizzaplex with still rowdy children screaming and running the last of their energy out. It took a few hours to clear out such a big building, so the staff was on double duty to make sure everyone left safely. Squeaking shoes against polished floors tuned to a chaotic cacophony of crying and the occasional shouting, and the cries of parents searching for children echoed throughout the Main Hall. You had just pulled into your Parking space, and watched as families packed away all the goodies and toys gathered into their cars and trucks. You got out of your car, locked it, and headed inside through one of the nearby Employee Only Entrances. Tonight was a Routine Check-Up night for the stars of the show, and you enjoyed the challenges that came with repairing such advanced technology. As you made your way through the drab and cold hallways inaccessible to the public you couldn't help but wonder if anyone else would be working with you tonight. Most of the time you were the only member of Maintenance working, so it would be nice to work along side someone else for a change. You ended up passing by a cutout of the main attraction; the Glamrock Animatronics. Each of them were interesting in their own way, but everyone you knew had at least ONE favorite. You couldn't complain, yours was the one named Montgomery Gator, who you nicknamed Florida Man just because you could. You thought about the Glamrocks for the rest of your walk. Freddy Fazbear was the big star, and most of the kids that attended the shows loved him to bits. You thought he was a great guy, and had frequent chats with him during the occasional tune-up or full blown repair job about the things you did those days. Chica was a fun character. So sweet and bubbly. Her personality made people gravitate towards her naturally. Many of the little girls seemed to love her and that new animatronic they brought in after Bonnie was decommissioned. Speaking of, Roxanne Wolf was quite the character herself. You didn't seem to like her as much, though. Too competitive for your tastes. You thought that maybe if she toned down the need to always win she might actually be... bearable? Who's to say... Regardless, you did like her design. As you wrapped up your train of thought you made it to the Maintenance Room. Doing a quick stretch, you headed inside and made your way over to your locker to put away your bag, phone, and jacket. You readjusted your work hat and checked the time on your Faz-Watch.

 10:30 PM

You heard the announcements over the P.A letting people know to hurry and gather their items before the doors would lock for the night. The announcements would repeat every half hour until Midnight, and you didn't like having to listen to them all the time. Unfortunately the radio the company supplied you was less than decent in terms of quality, so trying to drown out said announcements was challenging. You ended up sitting down in the nearby break room and waiting until your job finally started. Getting to work early was something you prided yourself on. Besides, it wasn't as if you had anything planned to make you late anyway. Well, there was that little side project you were working on in your garage that nobody knew about, but you knew how to manage your time well enough so that you could work on it and still make it to work early. You checked your Faz-Watch for any messages that may have come in, and saw one under the 'Urgent' file. Tapping on the screen to open this message, you saw that it was written by a co-worker under the nickname "G-Bear". The message below informed you that Monty had been attacked by a bunch of overly excited children who managed to dismantle him before closing time. You shook your head and sighed. "Not again... What's with these kids, anyway?" You said aloud before messaging G-Bear back saying you were in the Maintenance room and waiting for them to arrive. You stood up and walked over to the Repair Station computer, typing up a quick pre-maintenance report before hearing a familiar clanking coming down the hall.

 11:00 PM

Freddy entered the Maintenance room holding most of Monty in his arms while a young boy followed right along side him, the final bits and pieces of the Gator in his own arms. You smiled and gave them both a little wave before helping them get their friend into the Repair Station. "Hey (y/n)! Good to see you!" The young boy said with a smile as you both high fived. "Great to see you too, Gregory. How's being Freddy's sidekick treating you?" You asked. "It's AWESOME! I get to go wherever Freddy goes and the staff can't do anything about it." Gregory said, a smug grin plastered on his Fazbear painted face. You chuckled as you did the basic examinations to the broken Glamrock, wincing at just how much damage these "savages" had actually done to your favorite character. "Will Monty be ok? He's one of my very good friends, you know." Freddy said, a somber tone to his voice. You gave the cuddly bear man a sweet smile to ease his worry. "Florida man will be fine, Brother Bear. I just have to do a few repairs and he'll be good as new." You said, calming the star of the show. "Good. Thank you, (y/n). I just don't want to lose another friend..." Freddy said, rubbing his arm and looking off into the distance. Gregory grabbed Freddy's free hand and pulled him along. "We're gonna go hang out in Freddy's room until you're done." He said, pulling his friend with him to his assigned room elevator. You waved goodbye and started your work by opening Monty's torso. "What did these monsters do to you, Gator boy?" You muttered as you put on a pair of rubber gloves to remove what you swore was mashed cake and pizza in his chest cavity. The smell was nearly indescribable, save for it being horrid in your opinion. Making sure not to trigger any sensitive parts that could cause major injuries, you finished cleaning the squishy goop out and threw away your gloves in the nearby disposal bin. "Now to put you back together." You said, grabbing your special tools and getting to work rewiring and reattaching the broken parts. While you worked, you remembered the time you first met Gregory. He was hiding in the break room for some reason, and you offered to let him stay with you for the time being. At first he didn't trust you, but he soon realized you were friendly and wouldn't rat him out to anyone else. You both got along really well, and you admired the kids bravery to hide around the Pizzaplex at night. Eventually you found out that the owner had offered the kid a job at the plex as Freddy's official sidekick, and you were elated to have a friendly face working here with you. Granted, Gregory wasn't paid in money. He was given a free place to stay and food to eat, so long as he did a good job as sidekick. You had to admit, free room and food for daily performances sounded like fun. The kid didn't seem to mind it either, as he was given Top Security Clearance to go wherever his robotic companion went. He even got free gifts from the Prize room at times. A loud bang snapped you out of your thoughts, and you swiftly turned in the direction of it to see what made such a loud noise. "Nothing." You said, rolling your eyes and finishing your work. Plugging the head in, the Glamrock suddenly came to life and began looking around to gather information. "Good morning, sleepy head." You said and the Gator turned to look at you. Illegible garble came out of his voice box, and you let out a soft sigh. "The kids dismantled you today. I have to recalibrate your voice box now so stay still." You said, giving the Gator a boop before futzing around with the wiring one more time. Once you felt satisfied with your work, you ran the final diagnostic through the computer and added post-repair notes. One final click on the Enter key and the repairs were done. You re-entered the Repair Station and sparked up a conversation with Monty. "So what exactly happened?" You asked and the Animatronic shook his big green head. "Playin' Golf with a few kiddos. One of em jumped me and the rest followed suit. Next I knew I was losin' parts." Monty replied and you chuckled. "What's so funny?" He asked, a bit ticked. "You got jumped by kids. I've honestly never heard that one before. Gonna be ok now?" You asked and the Gator sighed. "Probably. Thanks, (y/n)." Monty said a few moments after. You smiled and gave him a big hug, surprising him a bit. "Oh... uh..." Monty said, a bit confused at this sudden show of affection. The big tough Florida man wasn't one to show much affection, but there were rare instances where he'd let down his guard enough for a hug. One of those instances happened to be this moment, as he wrapped his arms around you for a sentimental embrace. You smiled even wider and gave him a high five before letting G-Bear know you were finished. "Hey Florida man, wanna get out of here and play a round or two of Golf?" You asked, doing a quick stretch before heading towards the Stage Entrance. Monty grinned and followed you happily.

"Sure kid, why not."