Just Another Sinking Feeling

I love Tremors I love Burt. Fight me! I'll lose, but fight me! If you've never seen Tremors go on YouTube and find some stuff on it. (I recommend either the main channel or Dead Meat's awesome kill counts) It's all about killer worms and guns and stuff. Anyway, I really wanted to write a story around the franchise hero and Paranoid Survivalist that is Burt Gummer because why not he's a comfort character too. Definitely a challenging character to write properly, but I tried. Oh, and if you're reading this during April 14th then Happy Burt Gummer Day!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  "TO THE RIGHT! THE RIGHT!" You shouted to your hunting partner as a large mound of dirt sped by him with near lightning speed. He nearly jumped 3 feet in the air as it passed, and quickly pulled out a Concussion Grenade to stop it from coming back. Tossing it towards the direction of the mound, it hit the ground with a thud and exploded, causing the mound to speed away even faster while letting out a high pitched shriek. You quickly surveyed the land, checking for any signs of the creatures below the Earth. Seeing something suspicious just off in the distance from where you were standing, you signaled to your partner and quickly jumped up onto a nearby rock for safety. Your partner soon joined you, and you both readied your guns for the fight to come. "Got enough ammo, (y/n)?" The man asked and you nodded as you loaded up your 8 Gauge Shotgun and aimed towards the direction of the buried creature. The man adjusted his Atlanta Hawks themed Baseball cap and began stomping a foot against the ground to attract the creature. The ground started to move, and you got a bit nervous you'd miss the shot. "Ready..." The man said and you focused on the moving ground. Suddenly the creature emerged, giving you a great view of it's fleshy pink mouth and three mouthed tongues. "NOW!" The man shouted, and you pulled the trigger, blowing chunks of flesh and orange tinted blood all over the place. A second shot sent the beast to it's grave, and as it bled out in front of you your partner gave you an approving nod. "Nice work, (y/n). Now let's head back to town." He said, checking the area around you both quickly before making his way to his customized Camo painted 1973 Chevrolet Blazer [K-5] he nicknamed the "Power Wagon". You followed him with a skip in your step, proud of yourself for taking down one of those big worm creatures all on your own. As you sat down in the passenger seat, you took one final glance at the worm and smiled. "I did that." You said to yourself, feeling warm inside despite the near hundred degree weather out. "It's a good thing El Blanco didn't come back to screw things up or we'd have had a harder time dealing with our little Graboid issue." The man said taking off his Ray Bans to dust off the lenses before putting them back on.

 When you finally pulled up to the small town of Perfection, you saw Tyler, the new Tour Guide, working on his Tour Truck. It was an old Jeep Gladiator that used to be owned by this guy named "Desert Jack", or so you heard. You never met the guy, but from what you heard in town he was some kind of womanizer. It grossed you out. Tyler saw you both and waved, a bright smile on his face. "I KILLED ONE UP CLOSE!!!" You exclaimed with an excited wave, and Tyler cheered for you. "NICE JOB, (y/n)!" He shouted back before returning to work as you pulled in to Chang's Market. Getting out of the truck, you headed inside to get out of the heat and almost smacked face first into Nancy, the town's artist, as she was leaving. "Oh, sorry!" The two of you said in unison before walking past each other with a smile. You sat down at a nearby table in the diner portion of the shop and waited for your partner to come inside. "(y/n)! How was the hunt?" An excited Larry said, sitting down in the seat next to you with a childlike grin on his face. Larry was a big nerd for Sci-Fi stuff, and Graboids definitely seemed like a Sci-Fi horror story come to life. "I killed it in two shots; Chunks and shit all over the place!" You said, arms shooting up into the air like an excited child. "AWESOME!" Larry exclaimed and the two of you began chatting up a storm as your partner finally made it inside. "Hey Burt, got your mail here." Jodie, the owner of the shop, said to the man as he approached the checkout desk and tucked his Ray Bans into his vest's inner pocket. "Thanks." Burt said as he flipped through the mail to see what was there and what to open first. "So how did it go?" Jodie asked and Burt smiled a tiny bit. "I have to admit (y/n) did better than I expected." He said, opening a letter with a small knife attached to his keychain. He cleared his throat and looked over at you talking to Larry like two excited kids in a candy shop. "Gotta say, I'm proud." He said to no one in particular as he read through his mail.