Chapter-27😊

Taehyung's pov

It was after five in the morning when a booming voice woke us. Eunwoo looked exhausted, stunned, and out-of-his-mind happy when he announced he had a son. He and Jungkook exchanged hugs and talked for a few minutes before Eunwoo said he'd better go check on his wife.

"Room 210. I have to get back before she convinces the doctor to give me a vasectomy without anesthesia. But they said she'll probably be in her room within the hour."

Jungkook headed to the lobby to get us some coffees while I went to the bathroom to wash up. Splashing some water on my face, I realized I was about to meet Jungkook's sister for the first time.

Over the last few days, it felt like our relationship had changed. It wasn't just physical anymore. Jungkook and I had shared a lot about our lives and the things that made us who we were, and now I was already about to meet some of his family. Things moving this fast would normally scare the crap out of me. Yet I found I was more anxious and excited than nervous.

-

-

Amy was the spitting image of Jungkook-only somehow his rough edges were smoothed out, and his masculinity had been replaced with feminine beauty. I smiled at the way his sister lit up when she saw him.

"You're here?"

He pecked her cheek. "I couldn't listen to you complain about missing it for the next fifty years. Of course I'm here."

Eunwoo slapped Jungkook on the back. "Come on, walk with me to the nursery. They should be finished cleaning him up by now."

Jungkook did a quick introduction for Amy and me before leaving the room with his brother-in-law.

"I had a feeling I'd meet you eventually," she said.

I was surprised she knew anything about me-even that I existed.

"Congratulations. I'm sorry if I'm intruding. I wanted to keep Jungkook company while he waited. I can wait outside and give you some privacy."

"I just had half the hospital staring up my gown. Getting to shut my legs feels like privacy at this point." Her smile was genuine.

I laughed. "Did you pick out a name for your son yet?"

"Yeonjun."

"That's beautiful."

"Thank you. I'm glad Jungkook brought you. He talks about you at our weekly dinners. I'll admit, I was curious."

"Curious? Why?"

"He doesn't usually talk about men and women like you know, doesn't bring them to any family events, and definitely doesn't leave them alone around me."

I smiled. "He's afraid you'll tell all his secrets?"

"Yep. And I better hurry and do it because the nursery is only down the hall."

I thought she was kidding, but then her face turned serious.

"My brother is a great guy-ask him, he'll tell you," she joked. "But the thing is...underneath all that cocky arrogance, I think he's afraid of a relationship."

"Because of Sehun, you mean?"

Amy looked surprised. "You know the whole story?"

"I think so. Can't say I blame him for being nervous about getting close to anyone after what happened. People are afraid for much less than that."

Like me, for example.

She nodded like we were on the same page. "Just don't let him fool you. He walks around like he's wearing a coat of armor, but the truth is, there're some chinks in that protective shield."

"Maybe that's why we get along so well. My armor has some pretty big bullet holes. But thank you. I'll try to remember mine are just more noticeable than his."

Jungkook walked in behind Eunwoo, who was wheeling a plastic baby carrier. In the center of the translucent tray lay a tiny bundle swaddled in blue hospital blankets.

"Didn't even have to look at him to know which one was yours," Jungkook teased his sister. "He was screaming so loud. Kid's got your lungs already."

Her husband gently lifted the baby and placed him in Amy's arms. She cooed to him and then lifted him up so we could see his sweet little face.

"This is your Uncle Kook. I hope you got your brains from him, but your looks from me."

Jungkook leaned closer. "Considering you look just like me, that's a smart wish."

We stayed with Amy and Eunwoo another half hour until Amy yawned. She must have been exhausted after being in labor all night. Hell, I was exhausted just from napping in the waiting room.

Traffic was light in the city as we pulled out of the lot around the corner from the hospital. "Your place or mine?"

"That's presumptuous of you," I teased.

"You make me keep my distance at the office during the week. It's Saturday. I figure the weekend is mine."

I thought back to what had transpired yesterday, what we were almost caught doing. "You didn't seem to be keeping your distance yesterday when you had me pinned down face-first on your desk."

He groaned and adjusted himself in his seat. "Your place. It's closer. And now that you just reminded me of how spectacular your ass looked raised in the air, that's the way I'm going to take you the first time when we get home."

It was just a figure of speech, I knew, but I loved the sound of Jungkook saying when we get home.

Although, what I loved even more was what he did when we arrived at my place. Taking the keys from my hand, he unlocked my bevy of locks on the front door and walked inside first. He then completed my ritualistic entry sweep. Twice. In my exact neurotic order, all while holding Tallulah. After he finished, he kissed my forehead. "Good?"

Nodding, I pushed up on my toes and kissed him on the lips. "Thank you."

"Anytime. By the way, I called the guy who did the security at the office. They're going to install a monitoring system here. I've referred a lot of business his way. He owed me a favor, so he's doing the install free, and the monthly cost will be absorbed into the office bill."

"What? No."

"Too late-it's being installed next week. He's going to get back to me with which day he can get here. I'll need a key to let them in, or you'll need to be here."

"Jungkook, I don't need an alarm."

You're right, you don't. But it will make me feel better, especially when I'm traveling and out of town."

"But..."

He lowered his head and silenced me by pressing his lips to mine. "Please. Let me do this. It will make me feel better."

I huffed and stared at him. Eventually, I gave. "Fine."

"Thank you."

I dug my extra set of keys out of a drawer for him, told him to relax, and went into the kitchen to make us some omelets for breakfast. We ate in the living room in front of the TV, watching Friends, and then snuggled on the couch, him lying behind me. Although we'd slept for a
little while at the hospital, both of us had been sitting up in chairs, which wasn't productive sleep at all.

I yawned. "Your sister seems great."

"She's a pain in the ass. But she's good people."

He took a deep breath in and out, and I felt his breathing begin to slow. After only a few minutes, I thought he might have fallen asleep, but then he spoke, his voice groggy. "She's going to make a good mom. So will you someday."

-

-

To be continued......

Everything is goong so smoothly...will it stay like this or there's more to the story?