Chapter-14😛

Taehyung's pov

I was exhilarated after spending the day working, almost high. It was only me and Jae left sitting on Jungkook's rooftop deck-and Jungkook, of course. The other four, including Lia, were gone. Jae and I had stayed to have soju now that work was done.

I was sporting a ridiculously large smile. "At the risk of sounding like a complete goofball, I need to tell you, today was amazing. I can't remember when I've enjoyed working on anything this much. I'm not sure I ever have."

Jae tipped his beer in my direction. "It did feel good. Damn good. But I think you have a lot to do with that, Taehyung. You being new to the group seemed to bring out something in all of us-Jungkook especially." He shifted his eyes to Jungkook. "I haven't seen you this fired up in years. Today felt more like a new product launch than a rebranding campaign. Everything seemed new again."

Jungkook was sitting back in a lounge chair. He wore dark sunglasses, but I could feel his eyes on me nonetheless. Nodding, he said, "It felt right. Been a long time since anything felt so right."

After a few more minutes, Jae guzzled back the rest of his beer. "Gotta head out. Eunji is making me go to a cake-tasting party tonight. Since when did everything about weddings turn into a damn event? I've had to go to a food tasting, a band showcase, and a floral-presentation party. Vegas is sounding better and better."

"Just wait." Jungkook stood. "Amy had a bridal shower, a pregnancy announcement party, and a gender-reveal party. You're just getting started, buddy."

"What the hell is a gender-reveal party?"

"The parents-to-be give a sealed envelope that contains the sex of the baby to a bakery, and the baker puts pink frosting inside the cupcakes if it's a girl and blue if it's a boy. Then they have a party, and everyone finds out at the same time, including the parents-to-be. Pure. Fucking. Torture. Whatever happened to the kid popping out and the doctor giving it a smack and yelling it's a boy over the thing crying?"

"Thanks. More to look forward to."

Jungkook slapped Jae on the back as we walked to the stairs. "You're welcome."

Arriving on the first floor, I eyed the mess we'd left in the living room and dining room. Jungkook had dinner brought in, and there were dishes and balled-up papers from our work session all over the place.

"Where you heading, Taehyung?" Jae asked. "I'm going to grab a cab downtown if you want to split one."

"I'm cross town. But I'm going to stay for another minute and help Jungkook pick up a bit."

Jae looked over my shoulder, seeing the mess for the first time. "Crap. Thanks. I owe you one, Taehyung. See you Monday."

Before Jungkook even returned from walking Jae out, I had the place halfway cleaned. I picked up the garbage, and I was rinsing dishes and loading them into the dishwasher when I felt Jungkook come up behind me

"Keep going."

At first, I thought he meant to continue loading the dishwasher. Then I realized I'd been humming. Smiling, I continued with my tune.

"'Thinking Out Loud', Ed Sheeran."

"Not even close." I laughed.

"I Don't Mind', Usher."

I shook my head. "You do realize those two songs sound nothing alike?"

I finished loading the dishwasher while Jungkook moved the furniture we'd rearranged back. We glanced up at each other as we worked.

"Plans for tonight?" he asked.

"No. I wasn't sure what time we'd be done. You?"

"Nope. Wanna share another drink with me?"