Chapter-7🥰

Taehyung's pov

It was still dark outside when I arrived at Jeon Industries the following Monday morning. Considering the building lights were off, and the doors were locked, I realized I might have been a tad overeager for my first day. After loitering a few minutes in front of the building, waiting for someone to show up, I decided to head over to Starbucks for some coffee. It was next door to the restaurant where I'd first met Jungkook.

There was a hell of a long line for coffee. I joined the brigade at the back of the line like a good
little soldier and proceeded to catch up with reading emails on my phone. A hand at my back startled me, but it was the voice whispering over my shoulder that sent a shiver down my spine. "Am I the background on your iPhone, too?"

I jumped. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to sneak a peek. Figured since I'm your laptop background and all, the obsession might run pretty deep."

I turned and held out my phone. "I can see the similarities, but the photo is definitely not you."

Jungkook took the phone from my hand. "What the hell is that?"

"It's Tallulah."

"Is that thing real?"

"Of course it's real. Really ugly, isn't it?"

"Is it a cat?"

"Yep. It's a Sphynx. A hairless cat."

"My friend's boyfriend bought it for her birthday because she has bad allergies, and she really wanted a pet. Turns out, it isn't the hair she's allergic to, it's the protein in animals' saliva and skin. So she dumped the thing on me this weekend while she tries to find it a new owner. He paid two thousand dollars for that ugly kitty."

"You do see the irony here, right?" Jungkook asked.

"Irony?"

"You have a hairless pussy, and today you're starting a job where the flagship product is-"

I covered my mouth. "Oh my God! You would find irony in that."

"What can I say? Bald is beautiful has made me a lot of money. That cat should be our company mascot."

I chuckled. "I'll keep that in mind for my first marketing project."

"What are you doing here so early, anyway?" He looked at his watch. It was then I realized he was dressed in running gear, not a shirt and tie like he had been at the office last week.

"I wanted to get an early start."

"Building doesn't open until six-thirty. I was just about to go for a run. But I'll show you how to get in when it's closed after we get our coffee."

"It's okay. I can wait until it opens. I don't want to interrupt your exercise."

"Fucking hate running. I'll take any excuse I can get to put it off. Showing a pretty man the way to my office is at the top of that list of excuses." He winked. "Especially one who's going to sleep with me eventually."

God, he is cocky. And apparently, cocky really works for me.

Caffeine in hand, we walked a block north and around to the back of the building, where he knocked on an unmarked set of steel doors. A guy opened one and greeted us as we entered.

"Mr. Jk., how's it going, man?"

"Not too shabby, Carlo. You?"

"Can't complain, can't complain. Wife's a bitch, but I can't blame her for that. She's married to a fat, lazy guy." The uniformed maintenance man patted his beer belly and smiled.