016. "i took an interest in you after hearing rumors"

Start from the beginning

Lucia already thought of the worst the moment she heard their Head of House said those words.

"Please no sudden exams.... Please no sudden exams..." she prayed repeatedly.

"The Yule Ball is approaching — a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above — although you may invite a younger student if you wish —"

Although groans emerged from the other side of the room from all of whom were listening, the hall was also filled with fits of giggles of excitement. Lucia couldn't help but gleam at this announcement.

A ball? She had never been to a ball-like event before, so this was very exciting for her.

Lavender Brown let out a shrill giggle. Parvati Patil nudged her hard in the ribs, her face working furiously as she too fought not to giggle. They both looked around at Harry.

"Silence," demand Professor McGonagall strictly. "The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Try saying that five times faster." Fred whispered to George. And they attempted to do so.

She continued, "Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight."

"Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan," Ron muttered, causing some of the boys around him to laugh.

This comment didn't go unnoticed by their Head of House as her eyes narrowed at the youngest Weasley boy. "Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance," she said, hiding back a ghost of a smirk as she turns toward Ron, "Mr. Weasley, will you join me."

It wasn't a question. It was an order.

Before Ron could protest, Professor McGonagall already pulled him up from his chair as they went to the middle of the hall, where every Gryffindor could see them.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist."

Ron choked. "Where?" He thought he heard her wrong.

"My waist." Professor McGonagall stated.

Lucia, Hermione, and Ginny tried their hardest to bit back their laughter as they watched Ron begrudgingly did as he was told. Wolf whistles erupted playfully around the room the moment his hand laid contact on their professor's waist.

"Now bend your arm," She corrected Ron's posture before indicating the start of the music. "Mr. Filch..."

As the music began, Professor McGonagall and Ron danced along by steps. Lucia leaned slightly against Ginny, who looked as though she was happily imbedding this moment into her memory for her to one day tell Ron's children... or anyone actually, a devilish smirk present.

"You're not going to let him forget this, are you?" giggled Lucia.

Ginny snickered mischievously. "Nope."

The pair of girls glanced to the boys opposite of them and immediately, Ginny winked at Fred and George, who gladly winked back. It was clear to see that neither of them would be letting Ron live this down.

Professor McGonagall stared deliberately around the hall. "Everyone come together,"

Lucia tried her best to conceal her eagerness, which she assumed that she wasn't doing such a good job at it as Ginny smiled fondly at her. They stood up from their chairs, following the majority that surrounded them. They, too, were eager to dance. However, the many of the boys stayed in their seat, supposedly embarrassed to try this out.