Epilogue

Jungkook

It was late April and today was the first warm day of the year.

The temperature had finally climbed over 21°C but the ocean was still too cold to swim in it but I didn't care. I wasn't sure what it was about the beach and the ocean breeze that made me feel free.

I stormed down the vast lawn of the Min mansion toward the bay, Taehyung was close behind me and catching up judging from his steps. I sped up more, not daring to throw a glance over my shoulder to check. My feet hit the sand and it wasn't exactly warm, the water would be worse. I stormed right toward the soft waves, the moment my calves hit the water my breath caught in my throat and I stumbled to a stop.

'This was still too cold to swim.'

I almost fell forward because of my momentum, teeth shattering, I was about to back out again when warm hands gripped my waist and lifted me.

"No! Taehyung! Don't you dare!" I screamed.

Taehyung's hearty chuckles can be heard and then I was thrown through the air and landed with a splash in the freezing water.

My muscles seized then I burst through the surface and panted for breath.

Taehyung was up to his stomach in the water and didn't seem to mind the cold, I scowled at my husband who was smirking at me.

"You fvcking bastard," I breathed out through my shattering teeth.

My entire body started shaking, I wrapped my arms around myself to make a show out of me freezing. Taehyung's brows drew together and he came toward me, actually looking worried. The moment he was in arm-reach, I attacked. I lunged at him, grasping his shoulders and trying to dunk him under the water.

I should have considered how used Taehyung was to physical fights, he used my momentum to catapult me up and swing me over his shoulder.

"Hey!" I shouted in protest but he only slapped my butt and started carrying me out of the ocean.

"Where are you taking me?"

"We need to warm you up," he said wickedly, eyebrows wriggling.

Excitement jolted through me and I made a show out of kicking my legs and hammering my fists against his back, like a helpless joe captured by the story's villain. He carried me to the right toward a corner of the lawn that was shielded from the mansion by the bushes where I saw a blanket had been set up.

Taehyung had planned this!

He lay me down on the blanket and hovered over me, my body was covered in goosebumps and not just from the cold.

"How about I lick every drop of water off your skin?" Taehyung murmured as he leaned down and licked a hot trail up from my bellybutton to my collarbone. My nipples hardened even more, and Taehyung's hot mouth closed around one.

"What if Jimin or Yoongi come down here?" I whispered as he pushed my tiny swim trunks down, baring my ass to the cold.

I cared less and less if someone caught us.

"They won't. They're busy as well," he whispered against my skin, that was the last time we spoke in a long time.

Taehyung's lips and hands found every place on my body, licking, banishing the cold, and leaving trails of heat and want. When he finally entered me, our bodies pressed together, it felt like everything was falling into place.

Even without the breeze and the blue sky, I would have felt free.

It had taken a long time but I realized I could feel free, be free, even when I was bound to Taehyung.

~~~

In the evening, Taehyung and Yoongi set up a barbecue on the patio.

The weather was holding up and we could eat outside, Jimin went to grab the salad he'd prepared while Taehyung headed toward the wine cellar for something to drink. That left me alone with Yoongi who was manning the barbecue grill with an apron that says, 'I feed all you fvckers.'

I giggled when I read it then set the table, pretending he wasn't there. Things between Yoongi and me were tense, they'd never been otherwise but they'd gotten worse since months ago.

I took a deep breath, this had to stop, Yoongi was not only Taehyung's brother, he was also Jimin's husband.

We had to make a truce at some point.

I put down the last plate, wiped my hands and then strode over to Yoongi who was turning the marinated lamb chops and skewers around on the grill. As if he could sense my attention, he glanced up. It was futile trying to read his expression, I bridged the remaining distance between us. Most of our interactions hadn't exactly been civil. My go-to-response to him was usually snarkiness but I was doing my best to keep my expression open and as friendly as possible.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow when I stopped beside him.

Suddenly I felt ridiculously nervous, "I know you don't like me," I began, "But I think we should try to get along better for Jimin and Taehyung."

I managed not to squirm when he scrutinized me.

'What was he thinking?'

"I didn't like you because I hated how you treated Taehyung."

"Okay, I get that," I said slowly nodding.

"But I'm starting to change my mind."

"You do?"

He turned another lamb skewer, "I'm starting to think that maybe Taehyung was right and you two aren't the worst match."

"Thanks?" I said, unsure if it was meant positively, "You're bad with compliments."

"I'm not in the habit of handing them out, and don't tell him I said he was right. The demon's cocky enough," Yoongi's eyes went to something behind me and I turned and spotted Taehyung heading in our direction, his arms loaded with several bottles of wine.

"He is," I agreed with a smile.

Yoongi gave me what could be considered his version of a smile and some kind of silent understanding passed between us. Taehyung arrived and set the wine bottles down on the table before joining us and wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What are you two gossiping about?"

"You," Yoongi and I said at the same time.

"Is that so?" Taehyung lifted an eyebrow.

Jimin came back from the kitchen, eyes darting between us, he pressed up against Yoongi's side with a confused look, "What's going on?"

"Your husband and my husband are discussing my many wonderful traits," Taehyung said as he flamboyantly points to his chest.

I nudged my husband's side, "You are way too cocky," Hoseok and I said at the same time, as I noticed that the former appeared from the side gate with a plate in hand, waiting for the lamb to be cooked.

"What perfect timing, Hoseok, eat lots," Taehyung says as he kissed my temple, "Admit it, you love my cockiness."

"Done."

"Oh, husband. Your declarations of love still make my knees go weak," he joked.

I turned toward him, in his arms, and stood on my tiptoes, "Your cockiness isn't the only thing I love about you," I let my eyes wander the length of him.

"Shut. I need some bloody lamb skewers to cancel out this disgusting display of sweetness," Yoongi muttered but I didn't miss the tender look he'd given Jimin when he thought no one was paying attention.

Taehyung swept me into his arms and kissed me dramatically on the lips while Yoongi grumbled something else but I didn't listen, Jimin was laughing until he squeaked and we all laughed.

All that's missing were Jinnie and Namjoon who'll arrive together tomorrow and Jimin has prepared their rooms at Yoongi's request. Jungkook remembers the last time they talked on the phone and Jinnie gushed about Namjoon, it's now up to both of them if they wanted to start dating each other.

This vacation came months late, Taehyung deserved it, so did Yoongi and Jimin.

Who am I kidding, we all deserved it.

Tahyung's all healed but still, he needs this.

Now, all that mattered was them.

"I love  you, Taehyung."

"I love you too, Jungkook, my husband."

After a few seconds, Jungkook adds, "Oh, before I forgot, husband. Tell Yoongi I'd be eating for two from now on.." he says as a matter of fact and he scrunches his nose at Taehyung.

"Okay, Jungkook. I'll let- Huh? Wait.." he pauses, "does that mean what I think it means?"

Jungkook giggles at Taehyung's shocked expression, "Yes, Taehyung. It sure does. Congratulations! You're gonna be a dad soon."

~Fin~