SEVEN

Taehyung

Jungkook's eyes widened.

No matter how tough he thought he was, his body gave him away.

Jungkook wasn't very good at hiding his emotions which makes it easier for me. His gaze returned to mine.

I nodded toward the bed, " I should tell everyone that the rumours are all false."

Seeing the blood gave me a sick kick, the smear of blood on my cock. I wasn't like some men in our world who would have refused to marry Jungkook because he might have messed around with others during his escapades. Not that I didn't hate the thought that any guy had ever laid a fvcking finger on his beautiful body but I wanted Jungkook too much to care.

'I found the whole obsession with purity in our world ridiculous anyway. The best sex I'd had in my life had been with consorts who knew what they were doing... but I had a feeling Jungkook was a quick learner.'

Still, after the initial shock when Jungkook had cried out in pain, I'd felt a rush of possessiveness and fvcking joy.

I knotted him as soon as I could, my alpha running rampant with its possessiveness.

Jungkook glanced at me, suspicion tightening his kissable lips, his hair covered his forehead that reached his earlobes. I couldn't resist brushing the strands to the back of his ears, marvelling at their silkiness. Only Jungkook's skin was even smoother, I didn't think I'd ever get enough of touching him.

My fingers found his pulse before I started stroking the side of his throat lightly. Looking at my mark.

My alpha wanted to howl.

For a moment Jungkook held his breath and leaned into my touch before he seemed to catch himself. He took a step back, I had no choice but to drop my hand.

I had to stifle a smile.

'He's very predictable. At least, in his reactions to me.'

Some time in the past, he'd managed to surprise me, which wasn't something other people managed often.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at me.

'If he knew how hot he looked when he was angry, he'd smile more often.'

I was already hard again and wanted nothing more than to fvck Jungkook. His eyes flitted down to my hardened cock and he huffed. Shaking his head, he brushed past me and disappeared in the bathroom before slamming the door shut with an audible bang. I released a small laugh before heading back to the bed, dropping on my back and crossing my arms behind my head.

I couldn't keep the smirk off my face. After months of frustration, I had been rewarded, even more than I'd hoped for. I waited for the sound of running water but silence reigned in the bathroom. I sat up, suspicion filling me. There wasn't any way Jungkook could escape from the bathroom.

'But what if he decided to end his life rather than spend it with me?'

Jungkook seemed to love life too much for such an action but I wasn't sure he wouldn't do it to spite me. I moved toward the bathroom door, ready to tear it down when it opened. Jungkook stepped out, his eyebrows shooting up when he spotted me right in front of him. His eyes weren't puffy, so at least he hadn't been crying, which was a relief.

His nose crinkled.

'That's fvcking adorable!'

"What? Don't tell me you've been spying on me while I was in the bathroom?"

I crossed my arms over my chest with a smirk.

I definitely wouldn't tell him what I'd thought.

"We both know you need supervision."

With a sigh, he walked past me and climbed under the covers. After a quick scan of the bathroom, which looked the same as it had before, I joined Jungkook. He had his back turned to me and the blankets pulled up to his chin.

I pressed myself against his back, my arm sliding around his tiny naked waist. Having his naked body close to mine was giving me all kinds of ideas and my cock was digging insistently against his butt.

I couldn't wait to take him like this, to have him in front of me on all fours, to have him riding me.

'Like a fvcking bunny.'

I wanted to fvck him in a thousand different ways.

"Don't even think about it," Jungkook said quietly, warningly. "I'm tired and I don't owe you more than one go on our wedding night."

I laughed against his neck before pressing a kiss to his soft skin.

"You are such a romantic, Jungkook. Your words always warm my heart."

"Oh, shut up."

I tightened my hold on him.

He didn't try to pull away, which surprised me and it raised my suspicions but I blamed his demureness on the long day both of us had. It had been more than twenty-four hours since I'd slept.

Still, I fought off sleep until I heard Jungkook's breathing deepening and his body softening against me.

I didn't trust Jungkook, not after what he'd done.

I wasn't sure if I'd ever trust him completely.

I knew he'd run the moment I left him out of my sight.

I wouldn't give him another chance to evade me. I didn't care what I had to do to keep him in Seoul.

Yoongi had thought I'd lose interest in him once I'd fvcked him.

Part of me had hoped for it but I could already tell that it wasn't the case. I still wanted him, probably more than before.

I was completely and utterly screwed.

~~~

Jungkook

I woke to Taehyung's noise as he moved about in the bedroom.

I found myself blinking with my tired eyes in a big bed with a very ruffled bed, memories of last night, er... early morning, returning to me. My cheeks heated up as I recall how big Taehyung was, my body has healed up and has started to throb with need.

My marking getting hotter, another reminder that I was his.

I am Taehyung's possession now.

'Tch. What am I gonna do now? I was knotted as well, should I call for a doctor?'

I didn't give any indication that I was awake, my mind was a mess and after a long shower and the aroma of strong coffee followed.

I wasn't in the mood for that particular kind of confrontation.

I didn't want to face him, he'd be smug about last night, definitely intolerable.

When I heard the door quietly clicked shut, I exhaled and opened my eyes.

As I turned my head to the side I could see the skyline of Seoul was grey with heavy clouds. I could simply stay in bed, I had a feeling Taehyung might try to join me if I did.

My traitorous body tingled with excitement at the idea of having his hands on me again, even allowing him to go down on me for real.

I quickly sat up, slid out of bed and hurried into the bathroom to splash cold water into my face. I winced at the burning in my lip, I peered at myself in the mirror. My lower lip was swollen dramatically and the skin below it was bruised.

I looked like I'd been in a fight, which wasn't that far from the truth. I opened my mouth to take a look at the stitches. Disgusted, I quickly snapped it shut again. The events from yesterday flashed through my mind.

I hadn't even had nightmares about what happened to Wolf. I still felt horrible for his cruel death, but my dreams had been empty, a black void of nothingness. Maybe I did belong to this world after all. My eyes slid down to a spot on the side of my neck where Taehyung had left a hickey.

'The fvcking bastard had marked me like I was his property, that was probably the case.'

I touched the bruise.

Grimacing, I turned away from my reflection and took a quick shower. When I returned to the bedroom, I found my bags on the floor. Taehyung must have carried them in while I was getting ready. Sneaky bastard. How could he move so quietly?

I quickly put my clothes into the drawers that Taehyung must have cleared for me. Somehow it annoyed me that he'd made space for me as if he'd known all along that I'd eventually move in.

'He must have done it long ago.'

There hadn't been any time last night or this morning. Putting away the clothes that I hadn't worn in six months also made me realize that I desperately needed to go shopping.  My old clothes felt like a relic from an old life. In our rush to leave my apartment in Prague, I hadn't been able to grab any of my new clothes.

Afterwards, fully-dressed I headed downstairs, pausing every so often to listen for Taehyung. It was silent in the apartment and as I walked through the living room toward the open kitchen I didn't encounter anyone, not even a bodyguard. Suspicion flared in me, Taehyung would never leave me unsupervised after what I'd done.

My eyes scanned the ceiling, the corners and every other possible place for security cameras, but I found none. I hesitated in the middle of the kitchen for a moment, eyes darting to the massive coffee maker. Screw it. I needed caffeine. If Taehyung wasn't there, for which I was grateful, I'd pretend this was my home.

And I didn't even need to pretend, this was my home now, or it was supposed to be.

Of course, it didn't feel like it.

It had been a long time since any place had felt like home, in the last few months of my living there, even my parents' house hadn't felt like one anymore. There was no use thinking about it now. I'd never forgiven our 'dear' old man for how he's treated me, nor Mother because he'd let him.

Maybe I was dead to them, but they were dead to me too.

My finger hovered in front of the button that would turn the coffee maker on.

This eerie silence was driving me crazy.

Scolding myself for my ridiculous caution, I finally pushed it.

I grabbed a cup and selected Cappuccino.

I wasn't on the run anymore.

The worst had already happened.

The moment it was done, I cradled the cup and took a long sip, feeling how the warmth and familiar taste cleared my mind further. I leaned against the counter, letting my eyes wander through the apartment.

I liked the puristic design, the sleek black leather couches, black hardwood furniture and white walls.

I wondered if Yoongi and Taehyung had hired the same interior designer because their furniture was so similar. I could see myself looking for art pieces that would fit in, could see myself shopping for pillows that would bring some colour in, could see myself decorating a large tree for Christmas. I walked around the counter, perched on the stool and turned my back on the place I could so easily see myself living in.

I closed my eyes and inhaled the comforting scent of my coffee.

This wasn't what I wanted or at least something I hadn't wanted six months ago, something I shouldn't want, not after risking so much to escape it.

'I needed to see Jimin again, but was I even allowed to go one floor up to his penthouse?'

The idea that I had to ask Taehyung and maybe even Yoongi for permission whenever I wanted to see my brother drove me up the walls. It was a good reminder of why I'd run in the first place, something I could never allow myself to forget.

A warm breath ghosted over my mark, followed by a low rumble, "Mornin'."

I squealed out in surprise and my hand sent my coffee cup flying off the kitchen bar. It broke into dozens of sharp pieces and spilt coffee everywhere. My head whirled around and I found myself face to face with a smirking Taehyung.

"Fvck! Why the hell are you creeping up on me like that? You scared the hell out of me," I hissed.

He shook his head with an amused expression, "All those nasty words pouring out of your sweet mouth in the morning, is that appropriate?"

He was making fun of me.

His eyes took their sweet-ass time wandering over my curves, lingering on the hickey before moving a bit lower again.

And the worst thing was the way my body was reacting to his closeness, his scent, his muscled chest. Thankfully, my face didn't feel hot, so maybe I hadn't blushed.

"Since when do you care about being appropriate?" I muttered. I slipped past Taehyung and knelt beside the broken remains of my cup.

I hoped Taehyung didn't suspect what his proximity was doing to me, I picked up the pieces but Taehyung came to my help. I wasn't sure if he was doing it to be nice or if he knew about his effect on me and was trying to play with me. From what I knew about him, I guessed the latter. I was trying not to look his way as he squatted beside me. He was giving me a good view of his perfectly shaped ass.

'Goddammit, why did he have to look like that?'

Without warning, he brushed his finger over my swollen lip, "I really should have killed your father."

His touch was so gentle, it made me want to nuzzle my face against his neck and have a good cry.

"Do you have a mop?" I asked casually.

He shrugged, dropping his hand, "I've seen Jimin run around with one on occasion."

I rolled my eyes, 'of course, he had no clue. He probably had never even done his laundry,' "Do you at least know where Jimin keeps the cleaning stuff?"

His gaze lingered on my face, with a sigh, I rose to my feet and stalked off in search of a storeroom. When I finally returned to the mess in the kitchen, mop in hand, Taehyung was talking on the phone. He was leaning against the counter, legs casually crossed. I tried to listen to the conversation as I wiped the floor - I had a feeling it was about me.

"Come over now. I want this done a.s.a.p."

With that, he hung up and turned back to me. I leaned the mop against the wall, then asked, "Who was this? A new bodyguard you want to keep an eye on me?"

"Something like that. I'm going to put an ankle bracelet on you."

"What? Have you lost your mind?"

"On the contrary, we both know you'll use the next chance you get to escape again until I can trust you to stay with me, you'll have to wear the bracelet."

I stared, completely stunned and so angry I was worried my head would explode, "So you admit I'm your prisoner. You're treating me like one after all."

Taehyung advanced on me, "Without the bracelet, I would have to lock you into this apartment, but with it, you can spend time with Jimin, walk around Seoul, and live an almost normal life."

"I guess you want me to thank you for your kindness?"

The asshole chuckled, "No. Knowing you I didn't expect you to like the idea."

"Nobody would like that idea! And you don't know me, Taehyung."

He moved closer and without warning, he slipped his hand under my shirt and twisted my nipple.

At once, my core tightened with need.

"I know that you love it when I do this with your perfect little nipple," he growled.

I wanted to deny it, but the way his thumb and forefinger teased me, I couldn't find the words.

Taehyung's dark eyes bored into me as he leaned very close.

"I know you are wet. I can smell it from here. I know your asspussy wants me even if you won't admit it."

He dropped to his knees and shoved down my pants and silk panties.

"Wha–"

I didn't get farther.

He leaned forward and kissed my exposed hip, I sucked in a startled breath. Taehyung freed one of my legs from my tights and panties before lifting and draping it over his shoulder. His dark eyes found mine as his tongue started on my cock and licked slowly. His hand started to part and caress my entrance.

I shivered, pressing my mouth together from fear of making an embarrassing sound.

Taehyung pulled back a couple of inches. "See, I knew it. Wet for me," he said in a rough voice.

He pressed a few kisses against my cock and my balls before suckling lightly as his fingers started to enter my rosette, trying to loosen me.

My eyes wanted to roll back in my head from the sensation.

"Has anyone ever done this to you?" he asked fiercely.

I couldn't even find the power to lie, I merely shook my head 'no'.

"Good."

He rewarded me with a mind-blowing suck, his tongue tracing my cock, then darting back up its head.

"Oh God," I whimpered.

Taehyung released my throbbing cock, "You taste perfect, Jungkook." He parted my entrance, scissoring me and brushed a kiss over my shaft, "Do you want me to stop?"

I gritted my teeth, I had never wanted anything less.

It took all my self-control not to grab him and shove his face against me.

"The silent treatment?"

Taehyung asked in a teasing voice before he nudged me with his tongue, sending spears of pleasure through me before he captured my balls between his lips and suckled lightly.

I gasped and gripped the counter behind me, needing something to support me. My head fell back as Taehyung did the most amazing thing with his tongue, with slow strokes he brought me closer and closer to the edge.
I could tell this time it would be even more intense than yesterday.

Without intending to, my hand gripped Taehyung's head and my fingers tangled in his dark hair.

Taehyung rewarded me with a flick of his tongue against my cock.

"Yes," I whispered.

I didn't even care anymore that I was admitting how good this felt.

My entire body screamed for release, I was so close, my legs started shaking, my breathing quickened.

And then the bell rang, I jerked in surprise and my eyes flew to the elevator - Nobody could come up without Taehyung granting them access. Taehyung started to pull back from what he was doing.

My fingers on his head tightened, "Don't stop," I demanded, I couldn't hide the need in my voice.

Taehyung straightened and wiped his mouth with an annoyingly cocky smirk.

He leaned in to kiss me but I turned my head so his lips brushed my cheek, "Patience, Jungkook. I've had six months to practice patience, now it's your turn, but don't worry I'll eat you out later. You taste too good to resist," he murmured before stepping back and heading toward the elevator. "You should put your pants back on. We don't want to give Hoseok a show."

I couldn't believe him, my blood was boiling with fury.

I quickly scrambled to put my panties and tights back on, before I washed my hands and straightened my shirt.

Taehyung smirked as he pressed the button that allowed the elevator to stop on our floor.

This wasn't the end of it.

Two could play this game.

~~~

Taehyung

Jungkook was trying to kill me with his eyes.

Not that I wasn't used to that look from him by now, but I had to admit it was still turning me on.

I wished Hoseok had waited a few minutes longer to show up, even if his early appearance gave me the chance to teach Jungkook a lesson.

Unfortunately, I was punishing myself as much as Jungkook with my little lesson.

'Jungkook tasted fvcking perfect. I couldn't wait to lick him again, to have him screaming my name and rake his fingers through my hair. I was already getting a fvcking boner again. Fvck this.'

The elevator doors slid open and Hoseok stepped in, holding up a black case, "Morning, boss. Hope I didn't interrupt anything," he said smiling, his eyes sliding past me to Jungkook.
Despite his mess up six months ago, he was still a good soldier.

The best one next to Namjoon.

"You didn't," I said, smirking at Jungkook, whose doe eyes narrowed even further. It was a good thing that Hoseok didn't look anywhere near my crotch area because there was no way I could have hidden the bulge. Not that I fvcking cared. "Let's do this now," I said eventually.

Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest, somehow managing to press his hardened nipples up in a delicious way.

'Was he doing it on purpose?'

He didn't move as we walked toward him, he looked like he couldn't care less but I knew him better than that. He was probably trying to figure out a way to make me pay for teasing him, not to mention for the ankle bracelet but he'd brought this upon himself.

Hoseok watched Jungkook suspiciously as we stopped beside him. I couldn't blame him. His pride had taken quite a bruising when he and Jimin had drugged him and tied him up. He was too clever to show his dislike though.

I pointed toward the barstool, "You need to take off your tight pants and sit down."

"Thanks for the heads up. You could have mentioned the tights thing before and spared me a whole lot of trouble," he muttered.

'Fvck, him glaring made me want to bend him over the kitchen counter and fvck his brains out.'

Hoseok pretended he was busy with the ankle bracelet in the case as I leaned close to Jungkook.

"But I loved watching you put on your sexy tight pants, wriggling your ass like a tease. I love watching you take them off too."

Jungkook almost tore his tights down this time before he perched on the stool, his long lean legs crossed. Pressing his lips together in anger, then flinched from pain.

Fury for his father, Jeon Hae-jin, burst through my rising lust.

'Damn, Yoongi, and his determination to keep peace with the Cheong Ryong.'

Hoseok hesitated with the ankle bracelet in hand and darted an inquiring look my way.

I'd never put an ankle bracelet on anyone, so even if I fvcking hated the thought of Hoseok touching Jungkook's leg, it was the logical choice.

I nodded, "Go on."

"Extend your left leg."

Jungkook sent me a scathing look but he raised his leg without protest, maybe he'd decided it was the better option than being locked into the apartment all the time, or maybe he was coming up with torturous things to do to me as retribution.

I had a feeling I might enjoy whatever he had in mind, even if that wasn't his intention.

Hoseok bent over Jungkook's leg and started fastening the small black monitor around his ankle. I leaned against the kitchen bar next to Jungkook, he didn't glance my way.

"Will this monitor my alcohol intake as well?" he asked Hoseok.

He raised his eyes to him, then me.

"I don't care if you're getting drunk as long as you do it in Seoul," I said.

Jungkook's defiant eyes fixed me with another scowl before he turned back to Hoseok, who was checking the bracelet for its functionality.

With a nod, he straightened, "All done. You can trace him with your laptop, phone or any other internet-ready device."

"Great," Jungkook muttered.

"Thanks, Hoseok."

"Do you need anything else?"

I shook my head, "Not today. Namjoon is upstairs. You can return to your other tasks."

Hoseok gave Jungkook a curt nod before he turned around and headed for the elevator.

After I'd let him out, I returned to Jungkook.

"So how long am I going to have to wear this thing?" he asked, lifting his leg to take a closer look at the small black device around his ankle.

I hated seeing him with that thing.

It seemed wrong to shackle him like that, but Yoongi had suggested the bracelet and it was a neat solution.

Jungkook was too volatile for his own good.

"Until I decide I can trust you enough not to do something stupid."

"So... forever then," He slowly dropped his leg back down.

I chuckled, "No. I like your gorgeous legs better without the ankle monitor, believe me. I'll relieve you of that thing as soon as possible." I traced my fingers over his bare knee, then higher until I reached the edge of his silk panties by his hips.

He swatted my hand away and hopped off the barstool, "Hands off," he said sweetly.

I raised my eyebrows, "I thought you wanted to continue where we left off before?"

'I wanted to fvcking continue where we left off.'

He walked past me toward the coffee maker, swaying his hips in a way that turned me hard again.

"I'm good," Jungkook said with a shrug, "All I need is a cup of coffee," grabbing a new cup and placing it under the coffee maker before peering over his shoulder at me. "What about you? Is there anything you need?"

Jungkook's sultry doe eyes wandered down my body toward my hard-on.

I could tell that he was fighting a smile.

'Oh, fvck.'

He knew how to give me bedroom eyes, he thought he could play my game better than I did. "I'm good too."

He brought his cup to his mouth, took a sip, then ran his tongue slowly over his upper lip.

I stifled a groan.

I had to meet Yoongi to discuss what I'd missed in the last few months while I'd been hunting Jungkook, but I wished I could watch him all day and maybe convince him to run him tongue over my cock.

I strolled toward him and twisted a strand of his hair around my forefinger, "I hate your new colour. I liked you better in red."

Jungkook pulled back and set his cup down with a clang, "Well, looking good wasn't my main concern while I was on the run, maybe you didn't notice but a notorious Cheong Ryong monster was hunting me."

I smirked, "Notorious?"

He rolled his eyes, "If you are fishing for compliments, then you're talking to the wrong person."

I didn't tell him to dye his hair back, even though I wanted to, I knew he wouldn't do it if I tried to push him. Maybe admitting that I liked his red hair was already enough to make him want to stay a brunette forever.

"I'm meeting with Yoongi. You can spend the day with Jimin upstairs if you want."

Jungkook's eyes widened, "I'm allowed to spend the day with Jimin?" After a moment, his mouth twisted and he added, "Not that I should need your permission to see my brother…"

Jungkook surprised me by grabbing my shirt, jerking me toward him and pressing his lips to mine. His sexy body leaned up against me and his tongue slipped into my mouth. I didn't need any more encouragement. I grabbed his ass-cheeks, squeezed, relishing in his gasp as our tongues danced with each other.

I pushed my hard cock against him.

He needed to know what he was doing to me.

'Fvck.'

I was so fvcking hard, it was a wonder that I hadn't cum in my pants yet like an idiotic teenage boy.

Without warning, he drew back and I growled in response, my grasp on Jungkook's ass tightening, but he pushed my arms down and stepped out of reach, "You wanted a kiss, you got your kiss. Now let's go to Jimin."

That vixen.

I knew by his rapid breathing and flushed cheeks that he was as affected by kissing as me, he seemed determined to suppress his lust. I'd simply have to up my game, show him what a mind-blowing orgasm really meant.

'After that, he'd hopefully be putty in my hands.'

I walked toward the elevator as if I didn't give a damn, I had more than enough experience at hiding my emotions, so I had no trouble masking my arousal. I pressed the button that made the elevator doors slide open and motioned for Jungkook to walk in. He frowned then turned to slip on his tight pants and then he headed to the elevator car and leaned against the wall.

Hiding my smile, I joined him and jabbed the button that would take us up.

It took several moments before Yoongi approved our going up before he'd married Jimin. I had been allowed to take the elevator up without his approval, but since then he'd installed the manual override again.

'Not that I blamed him. I didn't want him or Jimin barging in when Jungkook and I were desecrating every available space of the apartment either.'

The elevator started moving and within a few seconds stopped again.

Jimin was already waiting in front of the doors when they slid open, he barely spared me a glance before he pulled Jungkook into a tight hug and dragged him away toward their living room.

Yoongi stood with his arms crossed against the wall, "No kiss good-bye from your lovely husband?" he asked dryly.

Jimin and Jungkook had settled on the sofa and were whispering among themselves. Namjoon raised his hand in greeting from his spot in the kitchen, he'd keep watch over Jimin and Jungkook while Yoongi and I were busy at Dynamite. He knew what the two boys had done to Hoseok, so he wouldn't let his guards down, even if he did, the ankle bracelet would alert me of Jungkook's whereabouts.

"Jimin doesn't look too sad to see you gone either," I said when Yoongi joined me in the elevator.

He smirked, "We already said good-bye twice this morning. What about you? How was your wedding night?"

I couldn't stop the smirk, "Better than yours."

Yoongi's eyebrows rose in silent doubt, "So did he put out?"

"He did," I said, "And I was my husband's first."

"Did he tell you that?" Yoongi asked doubtfully.

"No, he didn't. He was furious that I found out but there was no way he could have hidden it."

"Good for you," Yoongi said, clapping my shoulder, "So are you still into him or have you come to your senses now that your cock isn't ruling your thinking anymore?"

I gave him the finger, "What makes you think my cock isn't still in charge?"

"You and Jimin haven't seen each other in a long time, I suppose you have a lot to talk about."

I wondered if Jungkook would tell Jimin about last night and what exactly he would say.

Normally I'd ask him what he'd enjoyed but I knew Jungkook wouldn't give me an honest answer.

My sexual partners had never complained about my skills, but I wanted to hear it from Jungkook.

'Maybe Yoongi was right and I was a vain asshole.'

"Can we go up now?" Jungkook asked, excitement lighting up his face.

It was the first real emotion he'd shown me all morning.

"What about a kiss to convince me?"
Yoongi sighed, "Suit yourself brother but don't come bitchin' to me when Jungkook starts to annoy you," the elevator stopped and opened to the underground garage, "Now let's focus on business. You've wasted enough time. I need your full attention now."

"Don't worry," I said, but I had a feeling it wouldn't be easy to get Jungkook out of my head.

The image of my husband naked body beneath me had burned itself into my brain and I wasn't too keen on letting it go.

~~~

Jungkook

Jimin dragged me toward the sofa, away from Yoongi and Taehyung. We sat down and Jimin reached for my fat lip with a frown, "I can't believe that 'dear' old man hit you so hard."

"He's done it before," I muttered.

Namjoon was watching us from the kitchen, I wondered how he could stand being trapped in this penthouse with Jimin all day.

'I doubted many soldiers had vied for the job.'

After a moment, Jimin leaned toward me, whispering, "Are you okay? How was last night?"

I glanced in the direction of Yoongi and Taehyung but they had already disappeared in the elevator and were off to God-knew where.

"Jungkook?"

"I'm fine," I said, sending my brother a comforting smile.

He looked like he hadn't slept much last night.

'Had worry for me kept him awake?'

"And? How was it? Did you sleep with Taehyung?"

I laughed.

Jimin reminded me of myself after Jimin's wedding night, I had been so terribly worried for him.

"Don't sound so anxious. I'm really fine."

I was oddly fine.

Maybe even too fine.

It had been too easy finding my way back to my old life as if the life I'd tried to lead in the last few months had never really fit.

This morning I hadn't wondered where I was, hadn't had to remind myself of my current pseudonym.

I was me again.

"You don't look fine. Please tell me what happened. I drove Yoongi crazy with my anxiety last night."

That made me smile.

Everything that soured Yoongi's mood did.

"I slept with Taehyung."

My mind returned to the feeling of Taehyung inside me, his intense gaze, his strong body, his touch, and my core tightened again. I wasn't sure how I could stop my body from being so eager for Taehyung's attention but I knew I had to figure out a way if I ever wanted to hold some sort of power in this marriage.

"You look like you didn't mind," Jimin said with a teasing smile.

"As you said, Taehyung is good-looking and he knows what he's doing, so it wasn't bad."

"Did he notice that you hadn't slept with anyone before?"

"Yeah. You were right. It hurt like hell. He was so damn smug about it. I wish he hadn't figured it out. I feel like he's got more power over me now that he knows."

Jimin shook his head, "You need to stop thinking like that. You and Taehyung need to find a way to get along now that you're married. It's a good thing that he knows the truth."

"Taehyung doesn't exactly make it easy for me either. He's always so arrogant. He's the one who started with the games and do you know what else he did?"

I lifted my leg with the stupid ankle bracelet. I still couldn't believe Taehyung had put that thing on my body like I was a dog who needed a collar.

Of course from his standpoint, it was probably the normal thing to do, but that didn't mean I liked it.

Taehyung was a controlling, possessive, power-hungry killer after all.

Jimin grimaced, "I know. Yoongi mentioned it to me this morning. It was his idea," my brother paused with an apologetic expression, "I tried to talk Yoongi out of it, but he said he won't risk any more conflicts with the Cheong Ryong by letting you roam free."

"As if that 'dear' old man or anyone else in the Cheong Ryong would care if I ran off again. I'm not their problem anymore, remember?" I stated as I wiggled my fingers, showing off my wedding ring.

"Yoongi and Taehyung would look weak if you managed to get away again, that would weaken their position. Things between Baekho and Cheong Ryong haven't exactly been going smoothly in the last few months."

"Because of me?"

"Not just because of you," Jimin said, "Yoongi and Hae-jin don't get along very well. They are both alphas who aren't used to working with equals."

"I don't suppose you know of a way to get rid of this thing?" I tipped my finger against my black shackle.

"No. Is it very uncomfortable?"

I shrugged, "Not really, but I hate it. I can kiss short skirts and dresses good-bye unless I want everyone to think I'm a criminal."

Jimin touched my arm lightly, "I'm sure Taehyung will take it off soon."

"I doubt that."

'If I were him, I wouldn't trust me anytime soon. Probably never.'

Jimin's eyes darted to my hair again, he'd been doing it since he'd first seen me with the new colour.

I smoothed a hand over my hair, "You hate it, right?"

"I'm not used to it. Maybe it'll grow on me. But I miss your red hair."

"Me too," I said, "Taehyung hates my hair colour as well."

"Don't tell me you're going to stay a brunette because you want to annoy him?" Jimin asked with a knowing look.

I wasn't that childish, maybe six months ago that would have been my reaction but being on the run had helped me grow up. I wouldn't keep my hair in this colour to annoy Taehyung. There were other ways I could make his life harder and I hoped to explore as many of them as possible.

"I'll change it back to my natural hair colour as soon as I get the chance. Do you think Taehyung will freak out if we leave the apartment in search of a hairdresser?"

"Probably. You've been married for less than a day. Maybe you should try to stay on your best behaviour for today at least."

"I'll do my best," I said sarcastically.

Jimin got up, "It's almost lunchtime. Let's grab something to eat and I'll give my hairdresser a call and ask him to come over to do your hair, okay?"

I pushed to my feet, "Perfect. I'm starving."

I followed Jimin toward the kitchen area, Namjoon put his phone down on the counter, eyes and posture alert as we approached. Hoseok had probably warned him of us. That reminded me of something I'd wanted to ask Jimin ever since I'd runoff. I waited until he'd finished his call with his hairdresser and fixed us a salad before I bridged the topic.

"Did you get into a lot of trouble with Yoongi for helping me?" I asked quietly.

I didn't want Namjoon to overhear us, he seemed busy enough talking on his phone, probably to Taehyung or Yoongi who were checking on us.

Jimin's face tightened, "He was angry at first, but he's forgiven me. I think he realized that I would never leave him."

He and Yoongi seemed happy enough but sometimes outward appearances were deceiving, I wasn't entirely sure if Jimin was telling the truth. He wouldn't say something that might make me feel guilty.

"You sure?"

"Isn't that my line?" he asked teasingly.

I smirked, "You taught me a thing or two."

"Good to know."

"There's something else I've been wondering about," I said quietly, "How did Taehyung find me?"

"Yoongi didn't talk to me about the search. He knew I'd warn you. Do you think it could have been the blog? I think Yoongi checked my laptop. I tried to warn you."

"I tried not to mention locations in my blog posts. But maybe they could track my location through my blog. Who knows?"

The bell rang, Namjoon walked toward the elevator before either Jimin or I could move.

"Will he ever leave us alone?" I asked when he was out of earshot.

"Not anytime soon," Jimin said with a shrug.

Jimin rose from his chair to greet the man in his mid-forties who entered the penthouse with two huge bags. Jimin introduced me to his hairdresser and five minutes later we'd set up a chair in the bathroom. My hair was being smothered in the cream that was supposed to turn my hair to its original colour, not immediately but after several treatments.

Luckily I was allowed to walk around while the colour reacted with my hair. Jimin lent me a laptop and I settled at the dining room table. With dread, I searched the news websites for any homicide news in Prague. It didn't take me long to see the article mentioning Wolf's death.

The police didn't have any leads. My former roommates had to move for the time being and I doubted they'd return to an apartment where Wolf had found his end. The newspaper mentioned me, or rather my pseudonym and that the police were looking for me because I was a witness. There wasn't a photo of me, thank God, I'd always been careful that I didn't appear in any pictures.

My stomach tightened with sadness and regret.

Jimin put a hand on my shoulder, "You shouldn't read that. There's nothing you can do, Jungkook."

I shut the laptop slowly, there was one thing I could have done.

I could have told the police who was responsible for Wolf's death, so his family could find peace, but that was something I would never do.

There were certain rules even I wasn't going to break. I wasn't stupid, or suicidal.

Jimin's worried gaze didn't leave me as I returned to the bathroom to wash my hair.

"I'm fine," I whispered, but he didn't seem to buy it, neither did I.

The last twenty-four hours had been a whirlwind of emotions and change. I'd hardly had any time to reflect on everything that had happened, I wasn't sure I wanted to. Maybe Jimin was right and I should try to move on and leave the past behind.

The problem was I wasn't sure I could.

Didn't I owe it to my conscience and Wolf that I showed some defiance, that I didn't just settle in my new life with Taehyung as if nothing had happened?