02

《Knights Of Favonius》
Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind

✦ • * * • · . °

"Travelers under the protection of the Knights of Favonius..... Welcome to Mondstadt!" Amber proudly told, gesturing to the huge city of wind, Mondstadt. Well crafted cobblestone covered the ground and several windmills surrounded the entire city by a large castle wall made out of stone. A statue of the Anemo Archon can be faintly seen in their background, where the Favonius Cathedral was.

"Finally, no more having to camp outdoors!" Paimon cheered as she look back at the two with excitement. Back then, the three would always be sleeping underneat the stars with only a makeshift tent that the Traveler attempted to build, and a warm campfire that (Y/n) would often cook their meals on while teaching the traveler, the writings and words that Teyvat use. Basic knowledge he should know while travelling through this world.

"Somehow... It felt like the city folks aren't that enthusiastic than usual..." (Y/n) frowned seeing how tense the people around her are. She can almost sense their fear.

"You're right about that..." Amber sighed, before explaining. "Everyone's been put out of place by Stormterror recently. But don't worry, everything will turn out fine as long as Jean's with us!"

"Jean?" Paimon tilted her head in confusion.

"Acting Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, Jean, Defender of Mondstadt." Amber seems really proud of the currend head of the Knights, seeing how fond she was talking about her. "With Jean on our side, surely even the vicious Stormterror will be no match for us."

"Oh, Oh! Just like us with (Y/n)!" Paimon grinned eagerly, proudly bringing her hands up and gestured to the quite shocked and flustered adeptus disguised as a human. "Our very own (Y/n)! Protector of our hungry stomach! Paimon never goes hungry when (Y/n) is around!"

The blonde outlander facepalmed yet he couldn't help but mentally agree. The hydro user infact, kept them all fed and alive these past three months. She was really caring and would always worry for his and Paimon's wellbeing.

"It seems that you guys are really fond of each other." Amber laughed as the floating white haired girl quickly hugged the (h/c) haired female without any hesistation, cuddling for her warmth. Their male companion merely smiled at the two and nodded towards the Outrider.

"But before I take you guys to the Knights of Favonius headquarters, I have a present for you, Travelers." Amber told the blonde catching both (Y/n) and Paimon's attention. "It's your reward for helping me clear out that hilichurl camp."

Quickly getting out of her suppose 'mother' figure, Paimon stared at Amber with a slightly betrayed expression. "He-hey! Why doesn't Paimon get a reward?"

"Ahh...Because this reward is useless to you, Paimon." Amber tried to explain, seeing her floating. But with a slight tug of her guilty heart, she decided to say. "But how about this, I'll treat you to a traditional Mondstadt delicacy, Sticky Honey Roast."

Paimon cheered, giving (Y/n) an eager look as if asking for permission. The hydro user nodded, giving her a smile.

Amber then began leading them to the higher ground of the city, where the huge statue of the Anemo Archon, Barbatos was. Along the way, the brunnette would try to make small talks about the blonde's twin sister after agreeing to put up missing person posters. The traveler replied with short discription, quite directly to the point.

As soon as the Outrider reached the location she told them about, she faced the three, mainly to both the blonde and the (h/c) haired female with "So, the present I want to give you is a wind glider. Outriders use them to ride the wind, and the people of Mondstadt love using them too. I brought you guys here to give to you so that both of you can experience it right away!"