01

《Mondstadt: The City Of Freedom》
Act I: The Outlander Who Caught the Wind

Before you read, I did some minor editing on the the 00 chapter, please reread that first before reading this one to avoid confusion

『Author Mana』

✦ • * * • · . °

"So... what you're trying to say is that you fell here from another world?

But when you wanted to leave and go on to the next world... Your path was blocked by some unknown god?"

Three months has passed since she met him when he first woke up from his slumber only to find out that his only kin was nowhere to be found. All alone on a world that is unknown to him.

That was his original fate if (Y/n) didn't interfered. The former Adeptus took it upon herself to serve as a aid for him. To change the course of a potential destruction in the future.

But she couldn't forget her main goal. For the promise she made for her, she vowed to prioritize The blonde Outlander's safety above anything else during his journey around Teyvat.

Three months was all it takes to gain his trust. Two months to determine whether Paimon is a threat or not. With her existence interfering her Oracle abilities, the floating little girl remained a mystery. Paimon became a friend, seemingly having no goal what so ever besides declaring herself to be his guide, (Y/n) decided to lower her guard around her, but she was still wary.

Three months of teaching the blonde about Teyvat, he seems ready to start on his journey. Thus him, finally decided on telling the two of how he got separated from his twin sister.

The same story that (Y/n) heard from his kin's perspective.

"And just like that, the god took away my sister. Some kind of seal was casted upon me, and I lost my power." The Traveler told, holding a piece of tree branch as he drew the past events on the sand. "So why we used to travel from one world to another, we are now trapped here..."

"How many years was it? I don't know... But I intend to find out." He then stated, staring at his gloved covered hands before clenching them into a fist. Determination sparking through his golden yellow eyes. He looked at (Y/n) and smiled. "When I woke, (Y/n) was the first person I saw. She'd been helping me since then. Before I met you, two months ago."

The last was said directly towards Paimon, who scratched her head, recalling how he had found her. "Yeah. Paimon really owes you two for that or Paimon would have drowned, so Paimon will do her best to be a great guide!"

(Y/n) gently laughed, seeing how enthusiastic the floating white haired girl is. She then turned to Aether. "Then I will certainly need to be a better aid if Paimon will do her best too, Traveler."

"Thank you, you're nothing but kind to me." He returned her gestured, before looking right ahead of him, pinkish hues on the sea of clouds as the sun rises up to the sky.

A perfect view to start off a journey.

"Come on, you two! We should head off!" Paimon exclaimed, floating away before waving the two to catch up.

"You heard her." The Traveler then sees a hand out stretched towards him. (Y/n) offered a hand to him, her ever so gentle eyes met with his, a soft smile plastered on her face. The sea breeze gently blew her hair out of her face, not to mention the light of sunshine made her figure somehow glow.

He didn't hesistate to grab hers, as he stood up from his place before going to the direction Paimon went, hand in hand with the graceful maiden who decided to join him on his journey.