Chapter 17: Pillows

I woke up early the next morning and played on my phone while Avi slept next to me. He was on his stomach clutching my second pillow with his hair all over the place to the point where I almost couldn't find his face. I watched for the slow rise and fall of his chest for a moment before I felt the need to kiss him. Slowly, I leaned over and kissed his naked shoulder. I lied down next to him and pushed his hair back only to see those big green eyes pop open. My reflexes caused me to leapt back and fell off the bed, pulling most of the cover with me. I stood up and threw my pillow at Avi's head.

"What the hell!?"

"You kissed my shoulder," he said in his raspy morning voice.

"How long have you been awake?"

"About as long as you." He remained in the same position he'd been in and simply lifted his head to see me without hurting his neck. I glared at the messy haired one taking up half of my bed.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"I got to stare at you for an hour."

"That's the creepiest thing you've ever said to me."

"Hot, right?" Avi smiled at me in a forced attempt to be sexy, but his hair fell, covering his entire face again. I chuckled and pinched the bridge of my nose. This was the big idiot I loved. After finding my still warm spot next to Avi, I climbed back into bed and wrapped us both in the covers. I kept thinking back to last night, back to how I ended my birthday.

"Avi?"

"Hm?"

"Why'd you let me top if you've never bottomed before?"

He lifted his head and pushed his hair back. There was this pensive expression locked on his face before he looked over at me. Avi squinted and grunted slightly while he thought. I felt like I should have been offended, but I just couldn't be. "I guess I just trusted you." He shrugged like what he just said wasn't a big deal. He took a deep breath and relaxed back down into the pillow. "Plus, you're really hot from underneath."

"Shut up." I slapped his head with my pillow and watched his hair float around for a second before he hopped up and whacked me with the one that was under his head. We attacked each other with pillows until Scott burst in my room. Avi didn't catch the door opening and chucked his pillow at Scott's face.

"If you guys were ugly, I'd be real pissed right now." Scott bit his lip and looked me up and down.

"Yeah?" I said seductively. I remembered then we hadn't had this exchange in Avi's presence.

"Yeah," Scott attempted to seduce. It sounded so wrong. I couldn't help but start laughing causing Scott to do the same. He tossed the pillow back to Avi, who flopped over on his side and covered himself with duvet.  "Oh! Kirstie said she's coming over later? Something about your birthday. And I ate your cake."

"No! My cake!" I folded my arms and pretended to pout.

"It was ugly anyway," Scott snapped with a sassy neck roll.

"Avi made that." We both looked over to the large bunny curled up in my bed with nothing but his angry, angry face sticking out from the covers. I tucked my lips in a last ditch effort not to laugh, but failed miserably and watched my bunny shy away and return to it's sleep placement with a sad grunt.

"I'm sorry!" Scott was trying to fix the situation, but this was becoming a little too fun.

"Don't worry. I said it was ugly too."

Avi moaned again.

"An ugly little thing, but at least it tasted good!"

"You tasted good," Avi spat. I knew he was trying to be insulting, but I don't think he'd thought it all the way through. "Wait..." There it was. I would have been mortified if Scott hadn't known an elusive history of my romantic past. He's heard worse from me. Kirstie on the other hand...